Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clemmer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2018, 03:32 PM
    Do I need a 10/3 with ground for Rheem split airconditioner?
    I am having a new Rheem split system air conditioner installed. What size wire do I need for the AC power.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2018, 07:18 PM
    The installer will know. We have no idea as to your model and requirements. Is it a 120/240 or just 240? That makes a difference as to a 10/2 or 3.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why did they change the counter 3 wire split plug to a 2 wire 20 amp ground fault? [ 0 Answers ]

Why did they change the 3 wire split plug to a 2 wire 20 amp ground fault in Canada? Wanting to know if there is any kind of fire hazard or safety concern... thank you Henry

2 Wire (no ground) - split into 3 wire? [ 5 Answers ]

I have an outside "sun room" that I am renovating. The only power into the room is a 2 wire outlet that runs directly to the box. My electrical knowledge is limited to basic circuit stuff. My renovation includes a ceiling fan, 4 sconces, 2 outlets, an and outside light. First question,...

Rheem Split Unit A/C not cooling properly [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Rheem split unit heater / ac RGDG-075AUER. It appear to be from 1994 based upon the serial number CB5D302-F1994-1196. The unit does not provide proper cooling for my townhome. When the AC is turned on it will initially blow cool air, but eventually the air appears warmer as if only a fan...

Airconditioner [ 1 Answers ]

Wall unit plugged into split plug on dbl 15 breaker. After running 1-2 hrs. breaker trips. Wire warm to hot and plug receptacle warm. Is problem probably the air conditioner or perhaps plugin or breaker. Jim

View more questions Search