Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 10, 2018, 10:39 AM
    Of course Slick Mitch wants to get his guy in before the election in case he is no longer the Main Man for The Dufus after the election. He is a ruthless political beast. My side needs one of those.

Elections have consequences and so does NOT voting during the mid terms. Electing Obama was great, but leaving him alone against the repubs was STUPID! Thinking repubs are going down without one helluva fight is even more STUPID!
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2018, 11:11 AM
    I am no way a Mitch M fan. I don't want him to be the face of the conservatives as well as I am sure the democrats don't want Pelosi or Idiot Maxine.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2018, 12:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    it was a Presidential election year . we can revisit that in 2020 . Meanwhile the Dems don't have the power .They were in the minority then and they are in the minority now .

I have no doubt that the Kennedy retirement was a prearranged event .

Will be interesting to see who he replaces Ginsburg with . The Dems have her on life support and vitamin injections .

McConnell is one of the worst politicians to ever darken the halls of Congress. He is a total zero and his public comments not to serve the duly-elected President Obama were treasonous. He disgusts people on all sides except the driven ideologues.

(I had to smile at the Ginsburg crack - she does look frail).
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2018, 01:06 PM
    I have no doubt that the Kennedy retirement was a prearranged event .

Not only that, the report now is that Kennedy and Trump colluded for Kennedy to retire when he did so that his former law clerk Kavanagh would get the nomination.

There's just no end to the corruption of these creeps.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2018, 02:01 PM
    ironically ,it's Trumps "right to choose " .
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2018, 02:07 PM
    I hear the Dems plan is to feeze Ruth Ginsberg in carbonite until the next SCOTUS session .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 10, 2018, 02:12 PM
    I hear the Dems plan is to feeze Ruth Ginsberg in carbonite until the next SCOTUS session .
    No, in bubblewrap.
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2018, 04:14 PM
    bubblewrap would've worked too ..... but too late

Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2018, 06:42 AM
    one has to wonder why the emperor did not try to talk Ruth Ginsberg into retiring when he had the clout . Also one of these days the nation will see my logic in judges having term limits .
    Expert

Jul 11, 2018, 08:20 AM
    one has to wonder why the emperor did not try to talk Ruth Ginsberg into retiring when he had the clout . Also one of these days the nation will see my logic in judges having term limits .
    I already see that logic since our executive and legislative branches have become feckless political BOOBS fighting for power and control instead of PROGRESS!
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2018, 08:26 AM
    40 years is too long . There are plenty examples where these judges become senile .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2018, 04:25 PM
    Yes retiring at 70 would seem a good idea
    Expert

Jul 11, 2018, 07:44 PM
    You don't have to be senile to be out of touch, but the greater danger, is to be influenced by the political winds instead of the confluence of the law.
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2018, 08:43 PM
    Are you saying democrat appointees are influenced by the political winds
    Expert

Jul 11, 2018, 09:17 PM
    Just the ones appointed by the DUFUS!
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2018, 10:21 PM
    Ridiculous statement
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2018, 06:41 PM
    Thank goodness Tal avoids hate speech by calling the president "the Dufus". Yep. Nothing like a little civility.
    Expert

Jul 28, 2018, 07:46 PM
    Dufus is short for lying, cheating, loudmouth, bullying DUFUS. Descriptive and accurate. Sometimes I get tired of writing the whole thing. You think I'm wrong? Tell me how, and please let's not revisit the Hillary thing. This is about one guy who is the president NOW.

I'm listening!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2018, 08:59 PM
    How quickly democrats want to avoid talking about HC. Is Trump a mess? Yes. Is he a mess with an economy that, in only 18 months, has already far surpassed anything Mr. Obama did? Yes. Has he done more with NoKo and NATO than Mr. Obama did? Yes. And has he nominated two believers in the rule of law to the Supreme Court? Yes. So in spite of his many failings, I hang in there with him. Of course, we could also point out Ms. Clinton's many accomplishments. If, that is, if we could think of any.

I'll say it again. Anyone who supported HC for president should be ashamed to say so much as a single negative word about Mr. Trump. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Good grief.
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2018, 03:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    an economy that, in only 18 months, has already far surpassed anything Mr. Obama did? Yes.
    Complete and utter nonsense. Even Trump supporters don't go this far. Trump, of course, is the source for this bizarre statement. Obama inherited a near world-wide economic collapse from the Republican Bush Administration and prevented a financial disaster that was feared to be worse than the Great Depression. Today's economy simply continues the impetus gained from the Obama years. I am always shocked at the ignorance of the right-wing when it comes to basic economics especially since all the stats are readily available on the internet to anyone who can read.

Has he done more with NoKo and NATO than Mr. Obama did? Yes.
    So far North Korea has achieved a status it's been aiming at for decades and has gotten Trump to agree to North Korean demands to cancel the joint US/South Korean military exercises. In return, Trump achieved nothing. After the latest talks, Pompeo called them "productive". North Korea called them "regrettable".

Trump's criticism of NATO is simply untrue. He has lied about financing, about readiness, and just about everything else he said. As a candidate, he admitted he didn't know much about NATO. He still doesn't. And his attacks against NATO fit perfectly into Putin's foreign policy re NATO.

These two diplomatic disasters of Trump should tell you all you need to know about his negotiating talents. And I haven't even gotten to Trump agreeing with Russia in preference to his own intelligence organization. Treason, many said. Certainly close to that.

And has he nominated two believers in the rule of law to the Supreme Court? Yes.
    That's pretty vague, isn't it? "Two believers in the rule of law". I'm sure your real interest in his nominations are their positions of repealing Roe v. Wade, and not their being "believers in the rule of law". Kavanagh has even gone on record as believing Trump is above the law. A strange position, indeed, for someone who believes in the rule of law. Like all evangelicals who base their support of Trump almost exclusively on an anti-abortion platform, even in the face of a lifestyle repellent to Christians, I suspect you fall into that category.

Of course, we could also point out Ms. Clinton's many accomplishments.
    It never fails, does it? You Trump supporters always bring up Hillary. It's usually Benghazi or uranium. The one having been investigated no less than TEN TIMES (once by Gowdy) and having found nothing and the other a charge so ridiculous none but the farthest far out are still working it.

Anyone who supported HC for president should be ashamed to say so much as a single negative word about Mr. Trump.
    Does that include the 66 million who voted for Clinton - 3 million more than Trump!

For someone who preaches civility, you don't seem very civil yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SCOTUS to revisit Obamacare [ 109 Answers ]

Not a good week for the emperor . 1st he saw his party take a drubbing at the polls after he claimed that even though he was not on the ballot ,his polices were . Now SCOTUS has granted certiorari in the King v Burwell challenge to Obamacare . Obamacare grants subsidies to low incomes who...

SCOTUS decisions [ 158 Answers ]

Two unanimous decisions today, SCOTUS ruled Obama's LRB appointments were unconstitutional. Apparently they all agreed Congress determines when it is in recess. On another front, they unanimously agreed that Massachusetts'' 35 foot buffer zone around abortion clinics was unconstitutional....

Big week for SCOTUS [ 181 Answers ]

This week SCOTUS will make rulings on 4 cases that could be historic. Fisher v. University of Texas The petitioners argued that racial preferences in admissions to the University of Texas violate the 14 Amendment of the Constitution .The court could make a narrow ruling ,or it could overturn...

Acorn and SCOTUS [ 29 Answers ]

What's this I'm hearing? Did the SCOTUS really decline to force the AG of Ohio to verify 200,000 new suspect voter registrations? Most were submitted by ACORN, it seems. Have we reached the place when a partisan AG and Governor can support voter fraud in order for their guy to be elected, and NOT...

More SCOTUS decisions [ 24 Answers ]

Chief Justice Roberts said, "The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race." Wasn't that refreshing? Clarence Thomas added, "What was wrong in 1954 cannot be right today... The plans before us base school assignment decisions on students'...

View more questions Search