Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    basilisk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 11:07 AM
    Cant use task manager,registry editor and cant see folder options
    Help me out, I can't open my task manager and registry editor it gives me an error saying it is disabled by your administrator and also I can't see my folder options. Help me how can I fix these problems, I have tried to use different types of antiviruses but it doesn't work
    ANETGames Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Apr 18, 2007, 12:15 PM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/attach...kg_0023349.zip

There is a tool I have made to re-enable such tasks.
    Simply extract the zipped folder to your desktop, then run the batch file.

It should re-enable task manager, registry editor, and the folder options.
    basilisk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 04:13 PM
    The patch didn't work
    Hey anet people,
    I downloaded tha patch which you gave me, I unzipped it but when I ran it it still says "registry editor has been disabled by ur admin".I can't figure out this problem help meeeeeeeeeeee!!
    Tensed basilisk
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2007, 12:56 AM
    Hi!

If you post this response by you in the post containing your original question, then you will be more likely to get a response from Anet.

This place doesn't operate like a chat room.

**EDIT - Curlyben ** Posts merged.
    ANETGames Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Apr 25, 2007, 01:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by basilisk
    help me out, i can't open my task manager and registry editor it gives me an error sayin it is disabled by ur administrator and also i can't see my folder options. help me how can i fix these problems, i have tried to use diffrent types of antiviruses but it doesnt work
    I didn't quite catch it earlier, but the text "Disabled by your administrator" should have alerted me that you are more than likely not on your own computer. Are you using someone else's computer, a public computer? Or maybe even a school's computer?

If that's the case, of course my tool will not function because it requires the command prompt to be active in order to work. Also, in that case, this is not the place to be asking how to bypass controls...

If you think it's caused by a virus, please run a virus scan and post the results.
    akbarjan Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 03:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by basilisk
    help me out, i can't open my task manager and registry editor it gives me an error sayin it is disabled by ur administrator and also i can't see my folder options. help me how can i fix these problems, i have tried to use diffrent types of antiviruses but it doesnt work
    Hello I hope you will be fine you solve this question as bellow described

Click start - Run-type:gpedit.msc-ok-Group Policy window will be open after that click User Configuration-Administrative Templete-system-Ctrl+Alt+Options-(Remove Task Managr) will apear just double click it and disable or enable it some it work on enabl but first disable it and refresh you are computr a folder option will be on control panel, you are second question is also same after Administrative templete click on windows explor don't click on plus sign on the left side you will the second option (Remove the folder options menus... ) disable him
    Learner82 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2007, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ANETGames
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/attach...kg_0023349.zip

There is a tool I have made to re-enable such tasks.
    Simply extract the zipped folder to your desktop, then run the batch file.

It should re-enable task manager, registry editor, and the folder options.
    Anet! I followed your procedures and finally I managed to recover folder options & task manager... but whenever I switch on my laptop it keeps giving me RVhost.exe error.. and when I switch off it first End program..
    What can I do?. :confused:
    Please help..
    Ramish Posts: 74, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2007, 12:23 AM
    Hey, Thanks

It works:

Quote Originally Posted by Learner82
    Anet! i followed your procedures and finally i managed to recover folder options & task manager... but whenever i switch on my laptop it keeps giving me RVhost.exe error.. and when i switch off it first End program...!
    What can i do?... :confused:
    Please help..!
    UDAYCAMPUS Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2010, 06:50 AM
    Using annets process gives me a headache... better use windows malicious removal tool to remove any viruses... well... worked for me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Task Manager Processes [ 3 Answers ]

My laptop has 61 running processes and uses 98+ percent of CPU when no applications running. My desktop has 63 running processes and uses less than 5% CPU when no applications running. Why is my laptop eating up the CPU and what can I do about it?

Task Manager [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I've been having some problems ending processes in task manager. After choosing to end a process and answering 'yes' to the warning, the process does not end. As such I am also unable to uninstall the program as the process is running in the background. I have run virus scans and spyware...

Windows task manager [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, hope you can help. I'm not able to open task manager in any way like rt clicking on task bar, alt ctrl dele or ctrl shft esc, a message comes saying that its been disabled by administrator which is me. I only use the PC its XP home edition, how can it work again or be enabled? Thanks for help,...

Task Manager Help please [ 2 Answers ]

Whenever I want to open task manager it says "task manager has been disabled by your administrator" can someone please tell me how to enable it? Thanks in advance :)

Task Manager Question [ 6 Answers ]

I have Windows XP... froze my computer the other day and tried to use CTRL+ALT+DEL and got an error message that says "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator". Since I am the administrator and can't remember doing this, I am wondering how to "fix" it? Thanks!

View more questions Search