Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aokai Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Apr 18, 2007, 09:10 AM
    Tire pressure light
    Hello,
    I have having a problem with the tire pressure light for my 2006 Nissan Quest. I lost the cap for a while, and the light kept blinking that that tire was unreadable. I got another cap from the dealer and it still keeps blinking. It is driving me crazy!
    Please advise.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 18, 2007, 09:19 AM
    Is there anything in the owners manual. (allot of people will not look)
    If that doesn't help, you can do one of two things pat the dealer, to fix it.
    Or put a piece of black tape over the light.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2007, 03:46 PM
    I think you may have a low tire. Are they all set about 32-35psi? Even the spare? (if it's a full size tire)
    Have you reset the light using the reset switch? Owners manual is a big help here and must follow it step by step.
    Other than that, a scan tool is needed here to look at all the sensors and read their pressures and temps.
    I see a lot that read minus 40 degrees, and zero pressure. Of course that means it's dead and needs replacing.
    They aren't cheap and must be handled with care when replacing tires. Have you had tires replaced?
    Yes they drive people crazy, but it's great warning light to have for safety reasons.
    No one seems to watch tire pressures nowadays. At least this little device does.
    Remember Explorers with Firestone tire issues?
    motherof3 Posts: 51, Reputation: 6

May 2, 2007, 12:41 PM
    I have a 2005 nissan quest, I had a nail in my tire and the light went on, I got the tire plugged up and it still stayed on, I have since got brand new tires and the light is still on, the place that put my tires on said it was the sensor in the tire that had to be replaced by the dealer in order for the light to go out, you may want to have the sensor checked. Hope that helps. I still have not had mine fixed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bicycle Tire Pressure [ 10 Answers ]

I recently bought a bike and read the tire pressure to be between 40 and 65. This seems high to me as the pressure in a car tire is around 32 psi. In any case, what pressure is best and what determines whether the pressure should be 40 or more up to 65? Thank you, Rick

Reliable Tire Pressure Gage [ 3 Answers ]

After having gone through several "bargin" tire pressure gages, I once again find myself looking for a reliable tire pressure gage. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to one and all.

Oil pressure gauge sensor light [ 1 Answers ]

1995 Ford Falcon Why does the oil pressure gauge sensor light intermittently go on and off when dropping back to stop or idle. Thanks.

Tire pressure [ 2 Answers ]

What should your trie pressure?? :confused:

Tire pressure [ 5 Answers ]

I have a question regarding the correct tire pressure for my 2000 Mercury Mountaineer (AKA Ford Explorer). The sticker on the inside of the driver door says the correct pressure is 26psi, but that would have been of the original Firestone tires (that were recalled) The truck currently has Goodyear...

View more questions Search