Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Noah Hulke Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 07:31 AM
    My sister
    Hello There,

My name is Noah and I'm from Wisconsin. I was Adopted from Greece in 1992. My adoptive parents also adopted 4 other children from 2 different countries. My one adopted sister has a rare Mental health condition.(don't exactly know what it's called.) I am now 18 and I just moved out... but none of my family members want to take care of my sister because of her frequent out bursts. Her outbursts are quite frightening and turn out to be very violent. Everything that comes out of her mouth would sound weird and unnormal. But... if you saw my sister walking down thwe street she would not appear mentally ill. As I was saying... my family members don't want to take care of her so I'm the one who has too. I take her to school, work, doctor, dentist appontments... it's like I'm her frickin' chauffer. Don't get me wrong... she can be a sweet girl... and I love her to death... but I have my own life to take care of. My fiancé and I are expecting a baby in the end of December, and we are getting married in June of 08' I also am moving to Boston with my fiancé to go to school and I won't be able to take care of my sister. How can I fix this. My asiaster needs someone special in her life to take care of her... like a mentor, a friend. What kind of programs or facilities are out there and how do I choose the besat one for her. I worry for her future and I don't know how well she will do. She needs positive people in her life and right now I'm the only one. Help me out. What should I do with her?

Noah
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2007, 07:45 AM
    It is your parents obligation, not yours, I understand your concern, but I mean really they are the parents... maybe you could suggest to them your idea about a mentor or helper and then let them research this... I hate to think that the burden is on you , when there are obviously so many things going on in your life right now..
    renabell Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah Hulke
    Hello There,

My name is Noah and I'm from Wisconsin. I was Adopted from Greece in 1992. My adoptive parents also adopted 4 other children from 2 different countries. My one adopted sister has a rare Mental health condition.(don't exactly know what it's called.) I am now 18 and I just moved out... but none of my family members want to take care of my sister because of her frequent out bursts. Her outbursts are quite frightening and turn out to be very violent. everything that comes out of her mouth would sound weird and unnormal. but... if you saw my sister walking down thwe street she would not appear mentally ill. As I was saying... my family members don't want to take care of her so I'm the one who has too. I take her to school, work, doctor, dentist appontments... it's like I'm her frickin' chauffer. don't get me wrong... she can be a sweet girl... and I love her to death... but i have my own life to take care of. My fiance and I are expecting a baby in the end of december, and we are getting married in June of 08' I also am moving to Boston with my fiance to go to school and i won't be able to take care of my sister. How can I fix this. My asiaster needs someone special in her life to take care of her... like a mentor, a friend. What kind of programs or facilities are out there and how do I choose the besat one for her. I worry for her future and I don't know how well she will do. She needs positive people in her life and right now I'm the only one. Help me out. what should I do with her?

Noah
    I'm 19teen and my 12year old sister she is mentaly ill and I look after her go to all meetings and apointments it is hard I'm in det and find it very hard manly because I'm I a one bedroom flat and work 30 hours a week there is no one to suport me I have been doing it for nearly a year and just to see a smile on her face is rewarding enough for me people will saythat I shouldn't do it but I do I don't know why she is vilent sometimes and can be a right but I still have a life I'm not pregnant like you but your new baby will do the same and leave you know time to yourself I've bit the bullet and got on with it I just keep thinken that when she's old enough she will thank me for what I done and hope she will help someone one day that needs it. It is hard and you will go through some difficalt times but rember WHAT DOSEN'T KILL U MUKES U STRONGER
    edith of olay Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Mar 1, 2008, 08:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah Hulke
    Hello There,

My name is Noah and I'm from Wisconsin. I was Adopted from Greece in 1992. My adoptive parents also adopted 4 other children from 2 different countries. My one adopted sister has a rare Mental health condition.(don't exactly know what it's called.) I am now 18 and I just moved out... but none of my family members want to take care of my sister because of her frequent out bursts. Her outbursts are quite frightening and turn out to be very violent. everything that comes out of her mouth would sound weird and unnormal. but... if you saw my sister walking down thwe street she would not appear mentally ill. As I was saying... my family members don't want to take care of her so I'm the one who has too. I take her to school, work, doctor, dentist appontments... it's like I'm her frickin' chauffer. don't get me wrong... she can be a sweet girl... and I love her to death... but i have my own life to take care of. My fiance and I are expecting a baby in the end of december, and we are getting married in June of 08' I also am moving to Boston with my fiance to go to school and i won't be able to take care of my sister. How can I fix this. My asiaster needs someone special in her life to take care of her... like a mentor, a friend. What kind of programs or facilities are out there and how do I choose the besat one for her. I worry for her future and I don't know how well she will do. She needs positive people in her life and right now I'm the only one. Help me out. what should I do with her?

Noah
    I think it's amazing that you announce that your fiancé was having a baby at the end of December, and here you posted this in April, nine months ahead of the blessed event! I smell a rat here.
    Anyway, on the chance that you are on the level here, what you need to do is pretend you don't know any of them, and leave town as fast as you can, to get away from the train wreck that is your "family." You don't need any of these jerks showing up at your house and endangering your new family, especially the nutty sister.
    Get an unlisted number, and start over. Make sure you get rid of any evidence they ever existed in your life. It's not like they matter, they are just a burden to you now, and she's not your problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My sister needs help [ 10 Answers ]

:confused: hi I'm writing about my sister she is doing things that are upsetting my whole family she cuts her wrist and wrights on pieces of paper that she is going to hang her self and this is upsetting the whole family not only because she is doing this but because we have younger sister who is...

My sister needs help [ 8 Answers ]

I have a sister she is 15 years old and has a really bad eating disorder. She is throwing up her food. I don't know what to do. I haven't went to my parents because I don't want to tell on her. What do you think I should do?

Sister Sister [ 3 Answers ]

undefinedundefinedundefined I have this problem with my older sister.She's 16 and I'm 11 going on 12.I'm her step-sister(we have different moms)and this is her first time visiting here in 4 years so she doesn't know anybody.Lately we've been arguing about different stuff cause that's what...

Sister [ 5 Answers ]

:-[Hi, Could someone tell me what they think about this dream? OK here go's, I was trying to get a hold of my sister by phone but she did not leave me a phone number and she moved, I then tried looking for her in my car, all of a sudden, there was a small child in the car, she wanted to learn...

View more questions Search