Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kpevely Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2018, 03:41 PM
    Heat pump used as a normal condenser unit
    I bought a used heat pump to use as a normal condensing unit, was told it was an r22 unit. Turns out after installed and vacuum pulled to check for leaks found out I had a 410a condenser. I was devastated and said heck with it and charged unit with r22 to about 70psi. Just to see. It ran for about 25mins my liquid line is much cooler than the suction line. Why would this be? Can I make this work? Thank you.

Check out some similar questions!

My condenser fan motor went out in my heat pump, [ 0 Answers ]

Is it OK to get a new one that has a greater RPM? My old one ran at 840 RPM but it is hard to find one.

Heat pump condenser (outdoor unit) married to a gas furnace [ 10 Answers ]

have a Heat pump with A/c. We are changing the indoor air handler to a gas unit. Can the outdoor condensing unit be used with a new coil in this system?

RUUD Heat Pump condenser won't come on [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 20 year old RUUD 2.5 ton heat pump. The outside cooling unit started to "click" a few months ago when it was coming on. Sometimes it would come on and sometimes it would not. It eventually stopped coming on. We have replaced the contacts and capacitors but it does not help. Also, if we get...

Replacing A/C - condenser or heat pump/condenser [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a condo. All of the units in the building need to new air conditioners because they are all old and will not survive a scheduled reroofing of the building. The association got a bid for a company that will put in a new condenser unit for anyone who wants one - it is about $1500 installed....

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.