Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tyne26 Posts: 214, Reputation: 8

Apr 18, 2007, 03:43 AM
    Hair loss?
    A problem I have is myself esteem. I always take care of myself and try to look best I can. I'm now suffering from hair loss and I am now considering shaving my head. I've done this before and I look awful. With the hair I had I looked decent and was happy with my appearenc and got my compliments from females. Im now beginning to panic and I seem to get jealous of younger people with hair and how happy hteir lives are. I feel as if I have no luck, all my friends have hair yet I'm the one beginning to look older than I actually am, I'm only 26.

I know I'm not going to get the attention I used to get, why would girls want to be with a guy who is going bald, I look at guys who are and I don't think they look good at all. If you look at photos of them with hair they look far better. I really don't know how to lift myself esteem as every time I look in the mirror now I don't like what I see any more.

Any advice??
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2007, 04:22 AM
    This might sound like a predicatable answer but you must remember this.

Its what is inside that counts and beauty really does come from within. If people can't appreciate you for what you are inside and only see the outer shell as an indication of your worth, then they are not worth of your attention.

Anyway... This insecurity is about your own view on baldness and how you perceive it...

You can't say for sure what women are going to be attracted to because the truth is, women are attracted to all different things, physical and mental e.t.c.

Apr 18, 2007, 04:33 AM
    [QUOTE=Geoffersonairplane]This might sound like a predicatable answer but you must remember this.

Its what is inside that counts and beauty really does come from within. If people can't appreciate you for what you are inside and only see the outer shell as an indication of your worth, then they are not worth of your attention.

Anyway... This insecurity is about your own view on baldness and how you perceive it...

You can't say for sure what women are going to be attracted to because the truth is, women are attracted to all different things, physical and mental e.t.c.[/QUOTE

Yip You are correct, For me but I think its important to look in the mirror and like what you see, I feel cofidence in yourself makes you stronger. I see this fading away, I spoke to you about my age earlier and we are both the same age- still young. I could accept this if I was in my late 30's but just now is worrying.

The last thing I want to do is feel jealous towards someone as they look better, what a horrible feeling that is. When I used to style my hair it gave me a lift, and I felt good. When I sahved the head one time, god did I feel awful, I was like "who the hell is that im looking at". I know it happens to all guys, well the majority I just feel frustrated as there is nothing I can do
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2007, 04:39 AM
    Here is a lifting thought for you. I'm pretty sure that hair loss on the head is an indications of high testosterone levels.LOL, no seriously, I read that somewhere...

Anyway, I see where you are comigng from but there are other ways you can feel good about the way you look...

Head down the gym, work out, run, lift weights, wear some clothes that make you feel good about the way you look.

Its not all to do with hair... Women will look at the overall you!

And the good ones will look at the inner you too!

Stop comparing yourself to your friends or other people.. >I know that is hard but you really must not do this..

Everyone is unique!

Apr 18, 2007, 04:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffersonairplane
    Here is a lifting thought for you. I'm pretty sure that hair loss on the head is an indications of high testosterone levels.LOL, no seriously, I read that somewhere...

Anyway, I see where you are comigng from but there are other ways you can feel good about the way you look...

Head down the gym, work out, run, lift weights, wear some clothes that make you feel good about the way you look.

Its not all to do with hair....Women will look at the overall you!!

And the good ones will look at the inner you too!!

Stop comparing yourself to your friends or other people..>I know that is hard but you really must not do this..

Everyone is unique!!

Ha, yeah that's true about the testosterone levels.

I read an article one time that this is one of the main causes of a lot of mens stress and they would do anything to get the hair back. Just wish there was cure but it is not seen as an illness, so why would they bother looking for one.

Some famous guys look OK with it i.e. agassi, bruce willis, vin diesel. Glimmer of hope lol
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2007, 05:00 AM
    If this makes you feel better, I am only 27 and I have been sprouting grey hairs on my side and back of my head for around 3 years and every time I get it cut, they grow back worseas in, more of them.

Any ladies out there attracted to grey haired men under 30??

LOL
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2007, 05:03 AM
    If this makes you feel better, I am only 27 and I have been sprouting grey hairs on my side and back of my head for around 3 years and everytime I get it cut, they grow back worseas in, more of them.

Any ladies out there attracted to grey haired men under 30???

LOL
    I'm sure my ex created a rapid surge of grey hair growth.:rolleyes:
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2007, 07:01 AM
    If this makes you feel better, I am only 27 and I have been sprouting grey hairs on my side and back of my head for around 3 years and everytime I get it cut, they grow back worseas in, more of them.

Any ladies out there attracted to grey haired men under 30???

LOL
    Hey Tyne,

I hope you didn't take that offensively, the hair joke above, I was just lightening the thread slightly.

What I said before stands true...

You are worth more than what you see in the mirror and it takes a deep minded person to realise this. I think you are just going through a rough patch (without making too many assumptions) because of the recent rejection you have felt from the ex and this is why you are projecting all of the blame on you when there really is none.

Take it easy!

Apr 18, 2007, 07:14 AM
    Hey Tyne,

I hope you didn't take that offensively, the hair joke above, I was just lightening the thread slightly.

What I said before stands true...

You are worth more than what you see in the mirror and it takes a deep minded person to realise this. I think you are just going through a rough patch (without making too many assumptions) because of the recent rejection you have felt from the ex and this is why you are projecting all of the blame on you when there really is none.

Take it easy!!

No not at all no offence taken.

Ive just found out that the girl I was seeing kissed a guy that we had a fall out over. She told me she didn't like him when we last spoke about it, I've just heard they are texting eac other. Im so angry and the friends thing now I isn't interested in.

I keep picturing them together it turns my stomach. I feel as if I've been lied to.

What the hell do I do, so angry man!!
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2007, 08:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyne26
    No not at all no offence taken.

Ive jsut found out that the girl i was seeing kissed a guy that we had a fall out over. She told me she didnt like him when we last spoke about it, ive just heard they are texting eac other. Im so angry and the friends thing now i aint interested in.

I keep picturing them together it turns my stomach. I feel as if ive been lied to.

what the hell do i do, so angry man!!!!!!
    This is what happens my friend.. That's what I meant about listening to your instinct in another thread... I'm not sure if it was one of yours or not but the same goes for you.

She is too young to appreciate what you have to offer and might I add that things may not work out with what she is doing now anyway.

Rather than focus on what will happen with her, pull away from every source of knowledge about her, and move on to find someone or something better for you at this point in your life.

You will feel much different in time and your view of her may also change>>in time!

Like I have said before, your best bet is to focus your mind on something else, really put your mind into other things... It is hard but very doable (so to speak).
    Feprincess Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Apr 18, 2007, 04:13 PM
    If you have your attention on your thinning hair, everyone else will too.
    Know what I mean?
    Conformity Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 06:27 AM
    I'm 23 and going bald. I just cut my hair very short yesterday. All I can say is be thankful that you're a guy and going bald as women go bald too and women are also a lot less superficial than guys. I know plenty of attractive and intelligent girls that have dated ugly guys (with and without hair) simply because of their personality. I know you already know that, but I think it's important to keep that in mind. Another thing you should consider is that if someone would reject you on the grounds of a genetic predisposition, do you really want to be with that person in an intimate relationship?

The less issue you make of going bald, the less issue anyone else is going to make of it.

Apr 19, 2007, 06:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Conformity
    i'm 23 and going bald. i just cut my hair very short yesterday. all i can say is be thankful that you're a guy and going bald as women go bald too and women are also a lot less superficial than guys. I know plenty of attractive and intelligent girls that have dated ugly guys (with and without hair) simply because of their personality. I know you already know that, but I think it's important to keep that in mind. Another thing you should consider is that if someone would reject you on the grounds of a genetic predisposition, do you really want to be with that person in an intimate relationship?

the less issue you make out of going bald, the less issue anyone else is going to make out of it.
    I know what your saying, but it helps to look at yourself and feel good, you know?

It gives you that lift you need sometimes, I'm just worried about less attention form girls as I usually get quite a lot with my hair styled but didn't get any with the shaven head

Apr 19, 2007, 07:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyne26
    I know what ur saying, but it helps to look at yourself and feel good, u know?

it gives you that lift you need sometimes, im just worried about less attention form girls as i usually get quite a lot with my hair styled but didnt get any with the shaven head
    Women can smell insecurity a mile away. You may have gotten a lot less attention simply because you projected a reduced level of self confidence. Sounds stupid, but I believe it.

Otherwise, go hit the gym.
    Feprincess Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Apr 19, 2007, 08:29 AM
    women can smell insecurity a mile away. you may have gotten a lot less attention simply because you projected a reduced level of self confidence. sounds stupid, but i believe it.

otherwise, go hit the gym.
    As a woman, I can confirm this.
    Druid Posts: 12, Reputation: 6

Apr 19, 2007, 08:52 AM
    Many people are bald and live happy lives. Baldness is not the turn of for women, but rather the lack of confidence in you it produces !

Imaging being with a girl, whom you adore. But every time you see her she goes on about her nose. So what, its not an issue, but if that was all she talked about, would you not sicken of hearing about it ! Of course you would.

Such a thing that is nothing but mentioned always becomes something!! If that something is not a positive thing to bring two people together then it is a negative thing --- unchecked this will drive people apart. Same for relationship as for dating and attraction.

Options:

1. Train yourself to accept your hair loss and adjust your wardrobe and demour accourdingly so that it is not an issue.

Or

2. Look to medical science for a solution.

FUE - Folicular Unit Extraction. Each hair folicle is removed from a donar area at the back of the head and transplanted to the front. These follicles are not affected by the high testotrone leval that blocks the hormone Dht, which causes male pattern baldness.

Strip Surgery - Strip of donar hair taken from the back of the head and implanted at the front.

Scalp Reduction - Scalp with hair is stretched over the balding area to cover the hair loss.

Hair Weave - Wig

Hair bonding - Human hair knotted to your existing hair to cover balding area.

Apr 19, 2007, 04:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Druid
    or

2. Look to medical science for a solution.

FUE - Folicular Unit Extraction. Each hair folicle is removed from a donar area at the back of the head and transplanted to the front. These follicles are not affected by the high testotrone leval that blocks the hormone Dht, which causes male pattern baldness.

Strip Surgery - Strip of donar hair taken from the back of the head and implanted at the front.

Scalp Reduction - Scalp with hair is stretched over the balding area to cover the hair loss.

Hair Weave - Wig

Hair bonding - Human hair knotted to your existing hair to cover balding area.

No way, doing this sort of thing is ridiculous and makes you look like a fool unless you have thousands of dollars to spend on it. Just go bald gracefully.

May 11, 2007, 02:18 AM
    No way, doing this sort of thing is ridiculous and makes you look like a fool unless you have thousands of dollars to spend on it. Just go bald gracefully.

Anyone know if alcohol will cause my hair loss situation to be worse, I only usually drink at the weekend. During the week I go to the gym and eat healthily, my friends drink all the time and they still have thick hair. With me I feel I have to watch as all members of my family are bald and I'm more at risk of accelerating it. I know alcohol can cause dehydration, so I do drink plent more water now, I've totally cut down on fatty foods and cut out all fizzy drinks.
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

May 11, 2007, 02:36 AM
    I'm a woman so I don't know how you feel but I can say this.
    My partners dad is balding on top, and its looks as though my man will head the same way.he is 29. If he does end up going bald I WILL NOT leave him.
    I fell in love with him, the person, and him not having as much hair as when we met makes no difference to me at all.
    I know of one woman in person that goes for ONLY bald men, she won't date men with hair at all lol, she had this thing for bruce wilis and the whole shaved head thing, she died and went to heaven when he shaved his head for some movie.
    Girls like different things, I'm sure you won't have any problems.
    Look at it this way and yes it may be a bit extreme but its only a thought... its only hair, some people loose an arm or a leg and still get on with life and go on to get married and have kids, and I know its not the same, but when you comapre the two hair is nothing.
    LBP Posts: 206, Reputation: 42

May 11, 2007, 02:58 AM
    My dad is bald as an egg - in fact, he's got a bit of a penis head going if you know what I mean. He's dating a younger woman with a smoking body and killer mind. You look at the two of them and you say, 'What on Earth.. '

Looks don't matter as much as you think. My pops is intelligent, articulate, confident and FUNNY. These qualities win him love - not his rock hard abs and chiseled jaw (they don't exist!).

Course, he is a very depressed man and an alcoholic, at the same moment... Odd how the world works, isn't it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Does hair dye cause hair loss? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I just wonder if hair dye causes a hair loss. My wife dyed her hair tow months ago and over the last three weeks she is having a hair loss. She went to see a doctor and all the blood test were fine. She was given some tablets and a shampoo to use a twice a week to wash her hair. Could anyone...

Hair loss due to hair dye [ 14 Answers ]

I feel sooo terible, I used dye called (biegen, I think) it is very cheap, I did not like the color so I used around 3 boxes in a week to change the color now my hair is very dry and is falling like crazy especially at the front I can see my scalp now, what should I do would my hair grow back or...

Hair Loss [ 10 Answers ]

I', experiencing hair loss or thinning. I'm a woman and it's definitely a bigger deal than it is for a man. Its more acceptable for men to lose their hair. But a young woman?! Gosh! Its really taking a toll on me mentally. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Loss of hair [ 1 Answers ]

Why is my chihuahua lossing hair and getting black spots?

Hair Loss [ 3 Answers ]

I am suffering from hair falling since 6 years. Now my hair have become very thin and my hair line is receding. I am getting bald. Earlier hair fall is negligible but now its unmanageable to tie in a pony. Scalp becomes more visible when ever I comb my hair. Please suggest me something...

View more questions Search