Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tyne26 Posts: 214, Reputation: 8

May 11, 2007, 03:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fix-what-you-broke
    im a woman so i dont know how you feel but i can say this.
    my partners dad is balding on top, and its looks as though my man will head the same way.he is 29. if he does end up going bald i WILL NOT leave him.
    i fell in love with him, the person, and him not having as much hair as when we met makes no difference to me at all.
    i know of one woman in person that goes for ONLY bald men, she wont date men with hair at all lol, she had this thing for bruce wilis and the whole shaved head thing, she died and went to heaven when he shaved his head for some movie.
    girls like different things, im sure you wont have any problems.
    look at it this way and yes it may be a bit extreme but its only a thought....its only hair, some people loose an arm or a leg and still get on with life and go on to get married and have kids, and i know its not the same, but when you comapre the two hair is nothing.
    Yeah that's very true, and a very good point at that. Sometimes you just get caught up in your own life and don't realise there are many people who have a lot more serious problems, I'm not being ignorant about that, I just like to feel happy about myself, if you feel you look good it lifts you a little. I just worry how people will look at me now I'm changing
    Druid Posts: 12, Reputation: 6

Jul 31, 2007, 04:58 AM
    If the thought of surgery is not an option to consider, two pharmacuticle treatments are available.

Finistride (Propecia) Tablet taken daily to prevent further loss by inhibiting the formation of DHT.

Minoxidil (Regain) Growth stimulant.

It is worth while reseaching all of the options I have mentioned before you decided on what is best for you.
    Superfed Posts: 32, Reputation: 2
    -

Jul 31, 2007, 10:35 PM
    Tyne26, everyone has their problems. I just turned 45 y/o and thank god I still have most of my hair. But I have other problems that bring me down. Getting older makes me feel bad about myself. It seems like yesterday I was 25 y/o. I loved hooking up with the young girls. At 45, I still feel like the same guy I was at 25, and I look good for my age, but I don't like the thoughts of dating women my age. And the thoughts of 50 y/o being around the bend sucks.

I wish I was 26 y/o again.

Aug 20, 2007, 03:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfed
    Tyne26, everyone has their problems. I just turned 45 y/o and thank god I still have most of my hair. But I have other problems that bring me down. Getting older makes me feel bad about myself. It seems like yesterday I was 25 y/o. I loved hooking up with the young girls. At 45, I still feel like the same guy I was at 25, and I look good for my age, but I don't like the thoughts of dating women my age. And the thoughts of 50 y/o being around the bend sucks.

I wish I was 26 y/o again.
    I know what you mean, I have a friend who is older than me he is going through divorce and feels he is running out of time for kids, I worry about all this too, I just constantly feel that with my hair saying 'goodbye' it is harder to create that initial physical spark with a lady which I can do with my hair being styled. I look at bald men and panic and think "oh hell am gonna look like that" I know I won't suit it, some guys can pull it off but all I got from people when I shaved my head was "grow it back you look better with hair" not exactly encouraging
    Yenoh Posts: 23, Reputation: 5

Aug 23, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyne26
    A problem i have is my self esteem. I always take care of myself and try to look best i can. im now suffering from hair loss and I am now considering shaving my head. ive done this b4 and i look awful. with the hair i had i looked decent and was happy with my appearenc and got my compliments from females. Im now beginning to panic and i seem to get jealous of younger people with hair and how happy hteir lives are. I feel as if i have no luck, all my friends have hair yet im the one beginning to look older than i actually am, im only 26.

I know im not going to get the attention i used to get, why would girls want to be with a guy who is going bald, i look at guys who are and i dont think they look good at all. if you look at photos of them with hair they look far better. I really dont know how to lift my self esteem as every time i look in the mirror now i dont like what i see any more.

any advice????
    Hi there,
    I'm 23 and I'm struggling with my hair. I've been losing a lot of it for the past year. It used to be very full, but it now limp and not as full as it used to be. Esp at the front, you can see that it is thinning. So, I understand where you are coming from with how you're suffering.
    Also, some bald guys are sexy...
    But my solution to you is to get a blood test. (I don't know if anyone suggested this before), but I had mine done and I was tested for iron. The normal person has a number above 40. I had a number of 13... meaning I was horribly low on iron. I have been taking supplements (Palafer iron, over the counter).. and in 6 months, my iron levels rose to 24. I believe there is a strong correlation between hair loss in young women and iron. PLEASE check with your doc if you haven't already.
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2007, 06:45 PM

Hair/shmair....

as long as you don't act like a chump and pretend you're not going bald - women don't care....

A comb-over, long in back, whispy hair combed out etc - is worse! But Donald Trump has all of the above and he bagged a model...

Aug 24, 2007, 04:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Yenoh
    Hi there,
    I'm 23 and I'm struggling with my hair. I've been losing a lot of it for the past year. It used to be very full, but it now limp and not as full as it used to be. Esp at the front, you can see that it is thinning. So, I understand where you are coming from with how you're suffering.
    Also, some bald guys are sexy....
    But my solution to you is to get a blood test. (I don't know if anyone suggested this before), but I had mine done and I was tested for iron. the normal person has a number above 40. I had a number of 13... meaning I was horribly low on iron. I have been taking supplements (Palafer iron, over the counter)..and in 6 months, my iron levels rose to 24. I believe there is a strong correlation between hair loss in young women and iron. PLEASE check with your doc if you haven't already.
    I have checked with the doc about a year ago when I first noticed the hair thinning, I know some bald guys suits it but the majority don't, I've had me head shaven and all I got from folk was I shouldn't have done it as my hair is better styled, its hard to feel physically attractive when you look in the mirror and cringe at the way you look now... ok I know everyone ages, I can handle the wrinkles as it happens to everyone lol but losing my hair oh no :eek: I love to style my hair and it gives me a boost in my confidence when going out, it also makes me panic that I won't find someone to be with sounds sad I guess but that's how I feel

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Does hair dye cause hair loss? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I just wonder if hair dye causes a hair loss. My wife dyed her hair tow months ago and over the last three weeks she is having a hair loss. She went to see a doctor and all the blood test were fine. She was given some tablets and a shampoo to use a twice a week to wash her hair. Could anyone...

Hair loss due to hair dye [ 14 Answers ]

I feel sooo terible, I used dye called (biegen, I think) it is very cheap, I did not like the color so I used around 3 boxes in a week to change the color now my hair is very dry and is falling like crazy especially at the front I can see my scalp now, what should I do would my hair grow back or...

Hair Loss [ 10 Answers ]

I', experiencing hair loss or thinning. I'm a woman and it's definitely a bigger deal than it is for a man. Its more acceptable for men to lose their hair. But a young woman?! Gosh! Its really taking a toll on me mentally. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Loss of hair [ 1 Answers ]

Why is my chihuahua lossing hair and getting black spots?

Hair Loss [ 3 Answers ]

I am suffering from hair falling since 6 years. Now my hair have become very thin and my hair line is receding. I am getting bald. Earlier hair fall is negligible but now its unmanageable to tie in a pony. Scalp becomes more visible when ever I comb my hair. Please suggest me something...

View more questions Search