Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Loserteen Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 06:53 PM
    Teen Pregnancy
    All right. So I started a new birth control around March 31st. I started it late so I took too many. Then on April 14th I had sex without a condom but the guy pulled out. 1-2days later I have menstrual cramps and bloating. Could I be pregnant and know so soon? Or is it just because my birth control hasn't gotten used to my body and is still acting as if it were on my period right now?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 17, 2007, 06:56 PM
    Well, most women do not know that they are pregnant within 3 days. However, if you did not take the pill EXACTLY as directed it is possible as the pill is not even 100% effective if taken exacly as directed.

When is your period due now?

Apr 17, 2007, 06:58 PM
    It is not due until may

Like the end of may because the new birth control I am on is the one where you only have your period 4 times a year

Or actually maybe June?
    Expert

Apr 17, 2007, 07:03 PM
    Understand that withdrawal is NOT a method of birth control. It is just as easy to get pregnant using this method as it is not pulling out.

This could very well be side effects of your new birth control method though.

Apr 17, 2007, 07:06 PM
    All right well I'm scared especially because I won't even know for like another 2 months if I am even going to miss my period... I am really paranoid especially because my best friend just got pregnant and didn't find out till last month when she was 3 months along already and she just got an abortion this month 4 months along... I wouldn't ever get an abortion but I am an honor student and haven't even graduated high school yet and have high hopes. I can't deal with a kid?? Maybe I am just paranoid because this just happened to my friend?
    Expert

Apr 17, 2007, 07:15 PM
    This could very well be because you did not follow the directions for taking your pill correctly. And it might be just side effects of the meds.

But also understand that if you are not ready to have a child, the pill is not 100% effective even if taken EXACTLY the way you are supposed to take it. Trust me, I have two young men who were conceived on the pill.

If you are an honor student with high hopes you might want to reconsider having sex. Sex does = children. Like I said, birth control is only control not prevention. It is NOT 100% effective.

Apr 17, 2007, 07:32 PM
    Yeah well if I was still on my other birth control I would also be on my period right now... so I also though that could be why I am having cramps right now because when I am on my period I always have really bad cramps and back pain...
    Expert

Apr 17, 2007, 07:35 PM
    It very well could have something to do with switching BC. It is unfortunate, but you are in the waiting game now. Only a visit to the doctor will be able to tell you something more definite.

Apr 17, 2007, 07:37 PM
    Yeah I know. Well I have a doctors appt. May 11th because I have been on Anti-Depressants, but she is also my Gyn. Sooo I guess I will ask...
    Expert

Apr 17, 2007, 07:39 PM
    Ahhh, antidepressants, which one. This could play a part!!
    chippers Posts: 440, Reputation: 88

Apr 17, 2007, 08:15 PM
    The thing you need to know about the guy pulling out like that because they're like basket ball players who dribble before they shoot. I would do home pregnancy test just to relieve you anxiety. Then follow it up with a blood test. My question is, if you managed your pills that way, who wanted to have sex the most? Did your boy friend keep asking you? Either way it isn't worth the risk. If you're thinking about anti depressents, then you have a greater responsiblilty to take care of yourself and find the cause or triggar for your depression. Although depression in teens is common. Don't let anyone tell you that you shouldn't have problems because you're a kid. Oh and please change you name. You aren't a loser teen.

Apr 18, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Zoloft

Apr 18, 2007, 02:25 PM
    Zoloft

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teen pregnancy [ 14 Answers ]

I am 15 years old and pregnant. Am I considered an adult and can I make my own decisions?

Teen pregnancy [ 19 Answers ]

Im a mother of a 15 year old teenager girl. We are both from Michigan. I would like to know if I have the right as a parent to make her have an abortion whether she wants it or not?

Friend and Teen Pregnancy [ 9 Answers ]

Okay where to start... okay my friend thinks she might be pragnet and she thinks it been over to months but, anyway. If she is then what am I supposed to say to her because I have never had a friend that was pragnet, and I 14, 15, or 16.:confused: help I need to know what to do.

Teen [ 1 Answers ]

What kind of diets and exercises and she do? She is now a cheerleander and is scared about fitting into a unaform. What do you think could help.

Teen [ 1 Answers ]

How do you giv a girl the best orgasm? :confused:

View more questions Search