Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StikedOut Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 05:56 PM
    Criminal Background History
    At the age of 20 while attending Job Corps), I was arrested for fighting and received an "Attempted felonious Assault" misdemeanor. A few months later I received another misdemeanor for "Obstruction of the peace"

I am now 36, and I lost my job which I have been on since before 9-11, therefore every employer desires employees with a "Clean Criminal History" only. I have suffered the consequences, deeply regret, and have since matured from my actions however; the record is hindering me from employment.

I've inquired, discovering that I can get an expungement provided that the charge is first offense. The charges were a couple of months apart, in separate states...

1) Do they still qualify as a "first offense"?

2) Are there any lawyers that would file with a sliding fee scale?

3) How can I get a copy of my National Criminal Background History?

Thank You All:o .
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 17, 2007, 06:27 PM
    Well good news and bad news, most likely you can get both of them explunged, by hiring an attorney and making a motion in both courts.

Now finding a attorney that does criminal law that will do it on discount may be harder than finding that great job.

BUt the bad news. A National Security Clearnce for security ratings, will even see explunged records, it even sees where you were charged but found not guilty. So while it can not count an explunged record as a conviction, they will still know about it. The explunged records will not show up for a normal job but any police, law enforcement or national security rating job will show a lot about you that most people think are sealed or explunged..

Freedom of Information Act but except about 1/2 of it to be blacked out , at least mine is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Criminal background checks [ 14 Answers ]

I was arrested about 5 years ago for possession. I got my fingerprints taken, but never went to court and never received a letter from the court. The judge basically tossed out the case due to lack of evidence I assume. Is it on my record? If so, will the information be available to employeers...

Can a misdemeanor from the past effect me now due to a criminal background check? [ 3 Answers ]

I received a misdemeanor for possession of marijauna. I had to seek a lawyer and go to court where the judge told me that I was on a year parole and if I didn't get into "trouble," the conviction would be expunged from my record. I am appyling for a job and want to know if this will appear on...

Criminal background record [ 4 Answers ]

I recently applied for a position at a local bank. They took my finger prints to run a criminal background check through the FBI. The FBI report shows that I was arrested on 12/14/1980 for theft of personal property. The problem is that at the time of the arrest, I provided a false name. Can I...

Criminal Background [ 2 Answers ]

How can I get my criminal backgroung cleared if I did something 12 years ago?

Criminal background 12 yrs.ago... [ 2 Answers ]

I am getting ready to go back to school in the medical field; I'm offered job placements through where I graduated .Do I have to worry about possibility of rejection because of a past record-over 10yrs.ago?! I've been told it shouldn't be that big of a deal... but,I have concerns because school...

View more questions Search