Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deirdreluv Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 05:52 PM
    American(english) slang
    Ima girl and I want to know what this phrase means, if a guy says this to you about another guy.
    He wants to snag you. I never heard snag used in that context. What in the world does this mean? I know a lot of slang, I am from the U.S. obviously I should know but I think that this is a new word. I am fluent in norwegian and taking spanish 2. don't know much slang in those languages. Lol.
    Thanks
    <3
    Michellerenee Posts: 102, Reputation: 7

Apr 17, 2007, 07:47 PM
    I'm confused. He wants to snag the girl or boy?
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 17, 2007, 08:51 PM
    Are you sure he didn't say shag?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2007, 08:54 PM
    I guess it could mean that he wants to snag you up, like make you unavailable to the other guys... I don't know, I haven't been cool in years... im a mom. I was confused when my nephews started using the word "snap"
    incognito Posts: 92, Reputation: 24

Apr 17, 2007, 08:54 PM
    "Snag" could to "catch" you, aka "court" you in a general sense, not just the hooking up way.
    VSPrasad Posts: 108, Reputation: 10

Jul 24, 2007, 08:58 PM
    Snag:

1) Sexy, Nymphomaniac, Attractive, Girlfriend

2) to catch unexpectedly and quickly.

3) To kiss or make out with someone. Sometimes
    Meaning to have sex with.

YOu can use this slang dictionary for other words you need:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=snag&page=1
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2007, 09:16 PM
    Catch you. Get you. Be with you.

Like when you snag a fish whilst fishing.

Im an aussie though and our slang is different to Americans.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2007, 09:49 PM
    The phrase "he wants to snag you"
    Means that "he" wants to take you away from your boyfriend so that he can date you.
    OR if you're single it means that several guys are interested in dating you - each of them want to "snag" you (have you date them).

Basically it means to steel you from a boyfriend or other guys that are interested in dating you.

Once a girl has been "snagged" (dating a guy and no longer available or broke up with her boyfriend to date another guy)
    The other guys or the ex boyfriend will say "there are other fish in the sea".
    Hope this helps:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Strange slang [ 14 Answers ]

Why do people use "shawg"? It isn't even a word and I don't think I know what it is. My best guess is it's an expression of sympathy.

English help [ 5 Answers ]

Dear Teacher, Kindly help me out with the following. Are these OK? 1)The institute has two campuses. One for the juniors ;One for the seniors. 2) This should not disturb the work life and family life balance. 3) Such a thing is basically done at the corporate level. 4) I want a pen and...

English [ 1 Answers ]

The shoreline/ has many different shapes. What is the subject and the simple subject. Trying to help my child. But I need understanding also.

Rune Scape "Slang" [ 4 Answers ]

I have come across runescape players who don't know anything about runescape "slang". I have decided to make this thread in order to help you with your "slang". Here are some: Ty-Thank You Yw-Your Welcome Np-No Problem Brb-Be Right Back g2g or gtg-Got To Go Ie-In Example

This crazy web slang. [ 6 Answers ]

Please someone tell me what this symbolizes in the computer slang: What is < 3 supposed to mean??

View more questions Search