Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2018, 05:51 AM
    I have no idea what you are suggesting we do. We demand this generation work, yet we are to provide the means by which they can work? What "means" are you referring to? Mortgaging the future? That is usually thought to be a bad thing. Is that your meaning?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 23, 2018, 06:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I have no idea what you are suggesting we do. We demand this generation work, yet we are to provide the means by which they can work? What "means" are you referring to? Mortgaging the future? That is usually thought to be a bad thing. Is that your meaning?
    Clete means running up the deficit so rich guys get mo' money is a mortgage on your kids future. It is the job of government to make the means that we can all work, and be happy and maintain a healthy environment.

Universal healthcare would save everybody money, and it's a proven job creator. Closing rich guy tax loopholes would put more money in circulation for everybody, and an infrastructure project brings so many jobs that you may have to have those immigrants in huge numbers to do it, because your fat lazy kids are too good to get their hands dirty.

Repoobs who run everything the government does haven't solved any problems, or done anything but make the rich richer, and the poor poorer, and JL is pissed they take his money and give it to somebody else. Ask your local rich guy where your money is, cause them poor people you take food to sure as heck ain't got it.

I'll bet the Dufus can tell you where your money is. He has ridden the rich guy gravy train all his life, and so have his kids. Even Tom has told you how crooked the dude has been and I believe him. Some choice to run our government.
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2018, 07:07 AM
    Clete means running up the deficit so rich guys get mo' money is a mortgage on your kids future
    How on earth does deficit spending get more money to rich people? You could take the entire income of the top 1% in taxes and we would STILL have deficit spending. The problem is over spending.

Universal healthcare would save everybody money, and it's a proven job creator. Closing rich guy tax loopholes would put more money in circulation for everybody, and an infrastructure project brings so many jobs that you may have to have those immigrants in huge numbers to do it, because your fat lazy kids are too good to get their hands dirty.
    Just absolute fantasy. Universal healthcare is government provided, and when have you ever known the feds to spend money efficiently? As for government sponsored infrastructure projects, just go back to the money squandered by the Obama people with the so called "stimulus money" and so how well that went. The feds always, always waste money. Your thinking is just clouded by your jealousy of rich people. There is no Constitutional mandate for the feds to force rich people to take care of JL and Tal. If we want it, we need to get off our rear ends and go get it. I hope to never count on other people to take care of me. That's my job.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2018, 07:33 AM
    Universal healthcare would save everybody money,

because it works so well with the VA
    Expert

Oct 23, 2018, 08:24 AM
    How on earth does deficit spending get more money to rich people? You could take the entire income of the top 1% in taxes and we would STILL have deficit spending. The problem is over spending.
    That does include the tax cuts to those 1%ers doesn't it? The economy is booming according to the dufus but instead of a HUGE infrastructure bill, he cuts taxes so blame the guy who you held your nose to vote for, for his deficit overspending. Naw you just can't wrap your head around fiscal facts.

Just absolute fantasy. Universal healthcare is government provided, and when have you ever known the feds to spend money efficiently? As for government sponsored infrastructure projects, just go back to the money squandered by the Obama people with the so called "stimulus money" and so how well that went. The feds always, always waste money. Your thinking is just clouded by your jealousy of rich people. There is no Constitutional mandate for the feds to force rich people to take care of JL and Tal. If we want it, we need to get off our rear ends and go get it. I hope to never count on other people to take care of me. That's my job.
    No it's not and as usual you have no clue about facts. For one it works EVERYWHERE else because it cuts out the middle man and controls PRICES. The other fact is it's voluntary since if you want your own private insurance then go buy it. As far as those stimulus money projects, you and Tom can always come to Texas and see how it was used and drive on our super highways. At least Google what your state did before you blast it as a waste. FACTS MATTER!

https://www.thebalance.com/what-was-...ackage-3305625

Glad your doing well and hope that continues. Probably help if you covered your ears while you hold your nose when the dufus fills your head with loony gobble-d-goop. You actually think he and his sycophants are working for you? I truly hate to see your head explode when you grasps the truth.
    Expert

Oct 23, 2018, 08:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Universal healthcare would save everybody money,

because it works so well with the VA
    If the health care system in the US is a monstrosity, then you think the VA would be different?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/in-wh...-he_b_12849148

Providers therefore essentially have gotten used to a world in which everyone can raise prices by 5-10% every year, and in which insurers largely mark up those rising unit costs by a constant 15% administrative margin, and in which this then all gets passed on to us.
    Of course repoobs who love rich capitalists you call free marketeers, want to repeal Obamacare and go back to that model.
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2018, 01:37 PM
    the system previous to Obamacare was not free market . That was it's biggest failure . Anyway I answered Ex's question . Not much changes after Mueller. You guys are going to have to face facts that he found no evidence of either "collusion"with Russia or obstruction . So you can put away your Mueller bobble heads .

and your Mueller super hero comics .
    Expert

Oct 23, 2018, 02:38 PM
    Mueller's job isn't to prove collusion, it was to uncover the full extent of Russian election interference. Not his fault he found lying and cheating amongst the Dufus's campaign crew or other wrongdoing along the way. You don't think the flunkies for the dufus will turn on some of his wrong doing? Maybe NOT, but you don't cooperate and get plea deals unless you have SOMETHING to negotiate with.

And the law prosecutes conspiracy not collusion, and we will see about the obstruction, but taking the word of a lying cheating dufus that he is innocent is not a smart play I don't think, as maybe all the facts have yet to be revealed. I can wait for Mueller to clear the foul mouth bully of those allegations, if for not some other wrong doing that has been turned over to other jurisdictions for continued investigations. I hear Roger Stone is the next one under scrutiny, and of course he denies everything like the others did, and would never roll over on the dufus (His words not mine), so maybe you should keep that bobblehead a bit longer just in case it's value goes way up in the near future like after the midterm vacation he has been on.

the system previous to Obamacare was not free market . That was it's biggest failure
    It was a rip off like all the other free market solutions that rich guys make revenue streams from, and rigged at that.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2018, 03:00 PM
    You clearly don't understand, you say you demand the generation work, how? How many unemployed kids do you see painting rocks white or removing rubbish, same goes for unemployed adults. You look at some marvellous unemployment statistic and say that you have demanded the generation work, it is an illusion otherwise Trump couldn't have appealed to the unemployed and won.

Yes mortgaging the future by spending more than the revenue you have is a bad thing, printing money is a bad thing. How do you stop it, start by cutting off your over bloated military and correcting the structure of your economy
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2018, 03:32 PM
    You clearly don't understand, you say you demand the generation work, how? How many unemployed kids do you see painting rocks white or removing rubbish, same goes for unemployed adults. You look at some marvellous unemployment statistic and say that you have demanded the generation work, it is an illusion otherwise Trump couldn't have appealed to the unemployed and won.
    Unemployment at 3.7%. Yeah, if you want a job, you can get one. In fact, you can work all you want.

Painting rocks white? I haven't seen that.

Yes mortgaging the future by spending more than the revenue you have is a bad thing, printing money is a bad thing. How do you stop it, start by cutting off your over bloated military and correcting the structure of your economy
    Overspending is a problem and the military is a problem, so we agree on a lot of that. Correct the structure of an economy that has produced 3.7% unemployment? Why?

Tal, I'm glad to hear you say that facts matter. You should try using a few.
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2018, 04:21 PM
    Tal, I'm glad to hear you say that facts matter. You should try using a few.
    I'm not Tal, you are confused because you listen to Trump B/S, any politician can pull a good statistic out of his little box of tricks and say, see what I have done for you, but have a look at the underemployment statistic because the 3.7% only measures those looking for work, not those of employable age, it doesn't measure youth unemployment and to say anyone who wants a job can find one is fallacy, you have to be in the right place

Underemployment in 2017 was a staggering 12.5% that is over 30 million people and may actually be be much higher depending on whether you measure graduates in menial jobs
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2018, 06:07 PM
    Underemployment in 2017 was a staggering 12.5% that is over 30 million people and may actually be be much higher depending on whether you measure graduates in menial jobs
    Three questions. First, underemployment is not measured by the Bureau of Statistics, so where did you get your figure from? Second, there are about 130 million people employed full time in the U.S. so 12% of that would be nothing close to 30 million. How did you arrive at 30 million? Last, what was the underemployment rate in 2012?

According to this article, underemployment in Australia is even worse than here. "And it turns out that the U.S. may not be even the biggest offender: some of the world’s highest rates of underemployment are in Australia, or the land Down Under."

http://theunderemployedlife.com/aust...nothing-funny/
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2018, 07:31 PM
    anyone who can pass a drug test can have 2 jobs . Unemployment rate would be higher if they factored in the labor participation rate . A bunch of wastrals have dropped out of the labor force opting to become permanent wards of the; very generous with other people's money ;nanny state .
    Underemployment ? Shame on anyone in America who thinks they are underemployed . Get off your @ss and find a better job. There is plenty of work out there .There are still some regions that have not caught up ;but that shouldn't be a deterrent . Move to where the jobs are . That has always been the American way .
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2018, 07:49 PM
    Mueller's job isn't to prove collusion, it was to uncover the full extent of Russian election interference.
    yeah ok . tell me you won't be major disappointment if Mueller doesn't come back with something on Trump that Congress can use to impeach. That was his only mission. Sorry you will just have to live with the fact that a reality TV star beat a former Senator and Sec State ,and was not a secret sleeper cell KGB agent from the 80s. You will just have to face facts that Evita lost because she wasn't interested in doing the work in the states she needed to win ...or maybe she was too sick to do the work .
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2018, 08:03 PM
    anyone who can pass a drug test can have 2 jobs . Unemployment rate would be higher if they factored in the labor participation rate . A bunch of wastrals have dropped out of the labor force opting to become permanent wards of the; very generous with other people's money ;nanny state .
    Underemployment ? Shame on anyone in America who thinks they are underemployed . Get off your @ss and find a better job. There is plenty of work out there .There are still some regions that have not caught up ;but that shouldn't be a deterrent . Move to where the jobs are . That has always been the American way .
    You have great attitude Tom , no compassion but great attitude, the old it is your fault you are poor sham. The economy is constantly changing and so people lack the skills to do what is required and must be retrained otherwise they are caught in the low wage spiral, get a job at minimum wage that is the capitalist answer, this is not a virtue, but exploitation. Get a degree so you have a PhD in street sweeping. The American way, the old Superman mantra, defending the American way
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2018, 01:28 AM
    so go and retrain .The trolley driver had to learn how to drive a bus ;the draftsman had to learn to use a cad . The blacksmith had to find something else to do when transportation shifted from horses to autos . That is just the way it is . I retrained for more than one job since I joined the work force .I am not doing the same job as when I was ripping tickets in half at the theater or cooking short order ,or going to school to become public servant ,or managing a food service . When did stocking shelves at Walmart become a lifetime permanent job unless that is the absolute very best you can do ? The answer is to do what is necessary after you've set realistic goals . If someone went to school to get a degree in a field where there are no opportunities then suck it up and retrain . The days of staying on the same job for a lifetime ;and having your children's prospects being to take your place on the job are long gone and thank God for that ! If you want to say I lack compassion because I speak reality then I'm good with that .
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2018, 03:04 AM
    Unemployment is down to under 4%, so people have to find something else to complain about. We live in what might be the greatest land of opportunity on the planet. We live in what is probably the most prosperous period ever experienced on the earth. Anyone who wants a job can have one, two, three, whatever. If you are willing to work and learn, then you can make progress. But since everything is not perfect, then we continue to complain. Well OK, things could be better in some areas, but right now the economy is great. If you don't agree with this idea that we need to keep on complaining, then you are said to be lacking in compassion.
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2018, 05:42 AM
    so go and retrain .The trolley driver had to learn how to drive a bus ;the draftsman had to learn to use a cad . The blacksmith had to find something else to do when transportation shifted from horses to autos . That is just the way it is . I retrained for more than one job since I joined the work force .I am not doing the same job as when I was ripping tickets in half at the theater or cooking short order ,or going to school to become public servant ,or managing a food service . When did stocking shelves at Walmart become a lifetime permanent job unless that is the absolute very best you can do ? The answer is to do what is necessary after you've set realistic goals . If someone went to school to get a degree in a field where there are no opportunities then suck it up and retrain . The days of staying on the same job for a lifetime ;and having your children's prospects being to take your place on the job are long gone and thank God for that ! If you want to say I lack compassion because I speak reality then I'm good with that .
    Yes Tom we have all done that, some of us are multiskilled, but not everyone
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2018, 06:28 AM
    then that is their lot in life . I'm saying there is a whole big incentive there IF the government doesn't provide such a cushy safety net. For MANY prime age people in this country there is no incentive to change their situation . Prime age people instead have been taking advantage of the very lenient requirements for eligibility for disability status . The rate of prime age people not returning to the workforce is alarming ,and it has absolutely nothing to do with skill set or alleged disability . It is a very deliberate choice to eat out of the trough of other productive people's efforts.
    Expert

Oct 24, 2018, 07:44 AM
    then that is their lot in life . I'm saying there is a whole big incentive there IF the government doesn't provide such a cushy safety net. For MANY prime age people in this country there is no incentive to change their situation . Prime age people instead have been taking advantage of the very lenient requirements for eligibility for disability status . The rate of prime age people not returning to the workforce is alarming ,and it has absolutely nothing to do with skill set or alleged disability . It is a very deliberate choice to eat out of the trough of other productive people's efforts.
    Of course you have data to back that up? I trust you Tom but it's that verify thing from King Reagan that has always stuck with me. I mean JL is giddy over the unemployment numbers and you say young people are too lazy to work, and half the country is below the poverty line.

As I remember there is nothing cushy about poverty.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mueller climatrol 137-115 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Mueller Climatrol Model 137-115. I came home at lunch the fan was blowing. When I set the thermostat to 70 the burners kick on and heat up and it heats the house. When the house gets to desired temperature the fans stays on, burners go off. I've changed thermostat, same thing...

Mississippi state laws on indictments for incarcerated person [ 6 Answers ]

I have a friend who was arrested in marion county , Mississippi for sales charge first offense. She has been incarcerated for nine months and still has not been indicted! How long do they have to indict her before she can be released?

Mueller Climatrol Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Mueller Climatrol Furnace VR8200A 2132 model that has been in the house for over 20 years. It recently started blowing cool air. Repairmen came and oiled the motor and that did not help so they replaced the motor and the fan switch. Now the furnace tuns for one minute and turns off for 2...

Mueller Climatrol [ 4 Answers ]

I have bunch of old Units labeled: Mueller Climatrol Recessed Summner Conditioner Model 910-100 10500 BTU oer hour 230V Milwaukee WI

13 indictments and no lawyer? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok this is goinna be a kind of long story cause this has been going on for awhile now. My boyfriend went to court and was rescheduled for July. He was then picked up on May 11 2009, they said he had a warrant for his arrest for 13 indictments. He has a court date on the 18th of May and I was...

View more questions Search