clete fair point
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2018, 03:05 PM
    All allegations until proven in a court Tom
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 25, 2018, 05:53 PM
    While the right wing continues it's decades old onslaught, REAL investigators are getting closer to shutting The Dufus's big mouth.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2018, 06:25 PM
    While the right wing continues it's decades old onslaught, REAL investigators are getting closer to shutting The Dufus's big mouth.
    Hardly a non-partisan comment, but I have to admit that it wouldn't be a bad idea for him to shut his mouth about 80% of the time.
    Expert

Aug 26, 2018, 04:50 AM
    As we lose a TRUE American hero, we are left with a lying, cheating, loudmouth bully, who built his support on derision and racism who feeds the desperate and afraid Americans with enough red meat often enough to keep them engorged in the hate to stay behind him, no matter his long standing dubious past, and the people he has surrounded himself with, and the continuing scandals that Mueller brings to light. He will never shut up until someone shuts him up.

RIP John McCain, a REAL American
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2018, 06:37 AM
    a lying, cheating, loudmouth bully, who built his support on derision and racism
    A little over the top (to say the least). Anyone who supported Obama or Clinton has very little room to be critical of Trump. I lump them all in the same basket. At least Trump is getting some results.

I did not always agree with Senator McCain, but I had great respect for his service in Vietnam.
    Expert

Aug 26, 2018, 08:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    A little over the top (to say the least). Anyone who supported Obama or Clinton has very little room to be critical of Trump. I lump them all in the same basket. At least Trump is getting some results.
    As usual we disagree, no surprise there, but should I lump YOU in the same racist basket that I have placed your leader the great Dufus? Just asking. I can see holding your nose but that will never shield you from the stench of his character, nor the bad taste he leaves ordinary citizens of good conscious. No surprise either that I stand by my comments.

I did not always agree with Senator McCain, but I had great respect for his service in Vietnam.
    I have even greater respect for his service after Vietnam. I didn't always agree with him either, but he always represented the best of America, through our worst times, as recently as this last dark year.
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2018, 12:30 PM
    As usual we disagree, no surprise there, but should I lump YOU in the same racist basket that I have placed your leader the great Dufus?
    That would be as foolish as me trying to lump you in the basket of being a liar because of your support of Hillary Clinton. But perhaps we are just different in that way. I'm not going to resort to the ultra low level of name calling just because we don't agree, especially when there is no evidence at all to back up my name calling. So no, I don't consider you to be a liar. Now you'll have to decide where you stand on that practice.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2018, 03:02 PM
    I see a lot of tributes for McCain from the same people who unmercifully trashed him in 2008 calling him unhinged and questioning his mental facilities . Back then they did criticize his military record ,tying his shoot down with an incident on the deck of the USS Forestall that he was involved in .Mostly their praise for him today stems from their reaction of how Trump trashed him . They forget their words were not much better .
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2018, 03:07 PM
    I see a lot of tributes for McCain from the same people who unmercifully trashed him in 2008 calling him unhinged and questioning his mental facilities . Back then they did criticize his military record ,tying his shoot down with an incident on the deck of the USS Forestall that he was involved in .Mostly their praise for him today stems from their reaction of how Trump trashed him . They forget their words were not much better .
    Pretty accurate. Again, politics, politics, politics.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 26, 2018, 03:23 PM
    Always check snopes. And Trump & Co. were after him until he took his dying breath.
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/jo...uss-forrestal/
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2018, 03:30 PM
    Always check snopes. And Trump & Co. were after him until he took his dying breath.
    Trump's comments about McCain were terrible. Again, learning to shut the pie hole is a skill he needs to acquire.
    Expert

Aug 26, 2018, 04:06 PM
    That would be as foolish as me trying to lump you in the basket of being a liar because of your support of Hillary Clinton. But perhaps we are just different in that way. I'm not going to resort to the ultra low level of name calling just because we don't agree, especially when there is no evidence at all to back up my name calling. So no, I don't consider you to be a liar. Now you'll have to decide where you stand on that practice.
    Just asking to see if you are still holding your nose at the Dufus's antics and behavior as you did when you voted for him. I don't count it as name calling if it's accurate, and a lying, cheating, loudmouth, bully, racist, dufus is as accurate as one can get. Just sayin'.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2018, 06:06 PM
    Ah Tal I wonder why you keep talking about Obama
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2018, 06:24 PM
    Just asking to see if you are still holding your nose at the Dufus's antics and behavior as you did when you voted for him. I don't count it as name calling if it's accurate, and a lying, cheating, loudmouth, bully, racist, dufus is as accurate as one can get. Just sayin'.
    Nah. That's not what you were doing. "Should I lump YOU in the same racist basket that I have placed your leader the great Dufus?" You were suggesting I might be a racist. Just go ahead and own it. Pitiful.

I just don't understand this holier than thou attitude you have. I'm actually OK with much of your criticism of Trump, but anyone who supported Clinton has no room to criticize anyone. She's as big a "distorter of the truth" as I know of.
    Expert

Aug 27, 2018, 02:38 AM
    Nah. That's not what you were doing. "Should I lump YOU in the same racist basket that I have placed your leader the great Dufus?" You were suggesting I might be a racist. Just go ahead and own it. Pitiful.

I just don't understand this holier than thou attitude you have. I'm actually OK with much of your criticism of Trump, but anyone who supported Clinton has no room to criticize anyone. She's as big a "distorter of the truth" as I know of.
    I suggested nothing! I asked my question directly. I own my own decisions and words. I take you at your word.
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2018, 04:31 AM
    Should I lump YOU in the same racist basket that I have placed your leader the great Dufus?
    I own my own...words
    My point exactly.

Moving on along.
    Expert

Aug 27, 2018, 05:40 AM
    Nice sidestep, but in your own words PITIFUL. You agree with my criticism of The Dufus MOSTLY, but not about his racists statements, or insults? You resort to hiding behind Hillary's flaws, but she isn't the leader of the free world now is she? No you staunch righties love to sidestep the issue by bringing in the flaws of others not even a part of the conversation or question. You have no problem blasting females with many baby daddys, or able bodied low wage workers getting public assistance, while you balk at raising the minimum wage but approve of rich guy tax cuts, but the simple question of approving of the racist statements of the guy you voted for goes unanswered.

Actually I expected you to simply say that there is but one race, the human race, but don't let me put words in your mouth, and take my apology for presenting such a pitiful question that elicited your pitiful response. You cannot even be a racist, though you held your nose and voted for one, unless you can affect the life of the one you hate because of his differences adversely. I might even be wrong about the Dufus on closer reflection, because he seems to hate EVERYBODY, and puts himself above all. Maybe the case is he talks his racial crap to make the TRUE racist think he is one of them to bring them to the polls and get their vote.

Hmmmm! Pandering to a crowd is certainly a part of his MO, but before he pandered for votes he did some blatantly racist things in his business and personal life. Still holding your NOSE? I don't blame you. His stench is overpowering in ALL areas.
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2018, 06:45 AM
    Wow. Did someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? Well, as I said, you own your own words. You voted for a liar. Does that make you a liar? I don't think so. And I am not a staunch righty, nor have I blasted anyone. At any rate, moving on.

I have stated many times that given the sad choices we had in 2016, I voted for Trump and would do so again. I will never vote for a person who stood by and did nothing while 4 brave Americans died in Benghazi and then repeatedly lied about it. You voted for her. That was your choice and that's your privilege, but you might as well get off your high horse and come down here in the real world with the rest of us. You did not vote for a saint.

Unemployment for black Americans is now the lowest in history. Pretty good work for a supposed racist. The truth is, Trump has economically done more in 18 months for all Americans than Obama did in 8 years.

I don't think there are just a lot of people out there convinced that Trump is a racist. An adulterer? True. Arrogant? Seems to be the case. Colluded with Russia? No evidence for that. Cannot control his mouth? Guilty as charged. Would have stood by and done nothing during the Benghazi incident? Not a chance.

I have four priorities for a president. 1. Appoint federal judges who believe in the rule of law/the Constitution. 2. Revive the economy. 3. Balance the federal budget. 4. Stand up for and defend the rights of the unborn. Trump is doing well on the first two, lousy on the third, and shows promise for the fourth. Obama was one half for 4 and Clinton would have been 0 for 4.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2018, 08:16 AM
    There is a lot to be critical of Trump. Being a racist is not a legitimate charge .EVERYONE acknowledged that before he ran. Jesse Jackson's Rainbow Push gave Trump a lifetime achievement award for his work in bringing African Americans into the corporate world . Jackson called Trump a“friend” who embraced “the under-served communities.” Trump only sees one color .....green .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mueller climatrol 137-115 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Mueller Climatrol Model 137-115. I came home at lunch the fan was blowing. When I set the thermostat to 70 the burners kick on and heat up and it heats the house. When the house gets to desired temperature the fans stays on, burners go off. I've changed thermostat, same thing...

Mississippi state laws on indictments for incarcerated person [ 6 Answers ]

I have a friend who was arrested in marion county , Mississippi for sales charge first offense. She has been incarcerated for nine months and still has not been indicted! How long do they have to indict her before she can be released?

Mueller Climatrol Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Mueller Climatrol Furnace VR8200A 2132 model that has been in the house for over 20 years. It recently started blowing cool air. Repairmen came and oiled the motor and that did not help so they replaced the motor and the fan switch. Now the furnace tuns for one minute and turns off for 2...

Mueller Climatrol [ 4 Answers ]

I have bunch of old Units labeled: Mueller Climatrol Recessed Summner Conditioner Model 910-100 10500 BTU oer hour 230V Milwaukee WI

13 indictments and no lawyer? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok this is goinna be a kind of long story cause this has been going on for awhile now. My boyfriend went to court and was rescheduled for July. He was then picked up on May 11 2009, they said he had a warrant for his arrest for 13 indictments. He has a court date on the 18th of May and I was...

View more questions Search