Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackie2018 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2018, 06:09 AM
    My mother and I fight all the time
    my mother and I fight all the time and sometimes it makes me sad and I even cry when I call her names and I cuss at her but lately she has been doing nothing for herself she has asked me to make her ice and coke and get her food and I do but I think she is lazy and wants to lay in bed all day she has been to the doctor and he said there is nothing wrong with her and so when I do things like that for her she again turns around 20 minutes later and tells me to get her this and get her that she does not ask so I am nervous and my nerves are shocked and she seems to not care I try to tell her how I feel but she says I am attacking her and I am sick and tired of hearing that she also does not ask anyone else to make her stuff it's always me yes I live with her but when my stepdad comes tog stay for the weekend or my sister comes to visit she never asks them it is always me what can I do
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 12, 2018, 06:42 AM
    How old are you?
    Tired_Yeti Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2018, 10:05 AM
    You’re failing to allow natural consequences to work. By fighting with your mother, you are being disrespectful and you’re hurting her. If she won’t get up and feed herself, the easiest solution is for you to simply NOT bring her anything. She won’t let herself starve to death. People have been known to eat rats, grubs, and roaches rather than starve to death. Physical hunger is an extremely strong motivator. She’ll get up and care for herself when she’s hungry enough. Sounds mean, but it’s called “tough love”. You’ll be helping her by forcing her to care for herself, and you’ll be helping yourself by strengthening and empowering yourself. It will require you tapping into your internal strength. You’ll have to be able to listen to protests, threats, and insults and stay focused on the mission.
    But fighting with, cursing at, and yelling at your mother is unacceptable in any scenario. Disrespecting your parents will bring you more trouble than it worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do I fight with my mother [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm Luigi I'm 12 and my mom and I always fight everyday she always say "why do i have a son like you" and I have a brother if my mom and I are not fighting me and my brother are the one's fighting then my mom will get angry then she will say why do you say I do not love you because she gave...

Brothers fight over mother's ashes? [ 2 Answers ]

The youngest of 4 brothers was sole beneficiary to mother's life insurance. He prevented crematory from billing insurance. Oldest brother had to borrow $1,000 to pay for cremation, 2 weeks after death. He paid for main urn 4 tiny urns, one for each of the 4 brothers. Youngest brother was...

Boyfriend's Baby mother wants to fight me what to do? [ 6 Answers ]

OK so I been with this guy for a year, and recently his bm (who he's not with) found out about me and him. When she confronted both of us instead of talking she comes charging and their son was there. I didn't want to get into any physical fight, even though I could (I did took self defense class)i...

My mother wants to fight and I am scared [ 7 Answers ]

Please help. My mother is to controlling ang drunk all the time. I am scared

My mother has twisted everything I said in the fight we had! [ 1 Answers ]

OK, here it goes... me and my fiancé had gotten into an argument the other day and I went with my two children to stay at my mothers house while he was at work that night. I spent the night at my mothers and that night that I was there I had asked her if she would sit the children while me and...

View more questions Search