Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hunterribelmar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2018, 05:50 PM
    Liability for opening up the door of a parked car
    A passenger in my car opened up his door and it "dinged" the car parked next to me. Who is liable? Am I liable for the actions of my passenger?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 24, 2018, 05:54 PM
    Yes, you are liable in this situation. You can certainly ask your passenger to reimburse your expense to the other car owner, but you first are responsible for whatever your car did.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2018, 05:54 PM
    Yes... it was YOUR car that hit THEIR car.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Illegal parked car opened driver side door suddenly and collided [ 20 Answers ]

I was driving along a street (about 20 mile/h)and the way was clear utill I passed by a parked car. The driver opened the driver side door suddenly and collided. He told me he was opening the door to get out. But after the police told him, it's his responsibility to watch the traffic before opening...

Whose fault if your parked car door damages another parked car [ 8 Answers ]

My child was in a friends mother's car and she parked close to another car. My son opened the door and it made a very small dent in the other car's side. The mother of my sons friend has given my details to the other person who apparently is intending to claim for damage to her car from me. I would...

Expand a 4' door opening to 5 1/2' opening on a loadbearing basement wall [ 2 Answers ]

I have an unfinished basement that has a load bearing wall down the center of the basemant. It supports the center of the house. It runs 36 feet and perpendiculars into another load bearing wall. The 36 foot span has two 4 foot openings with 2 2x 8" headers in each opening. Both openings occur...

I was parked in a parking lot and my passenger opend his door and a car ran in to it [ 3 Answers ]

I was parked in a parking lot and my passenger opend his door and a car ran in to it

Garage door opener prevents door from opening all the way -- how to fix? [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I moved into a house three months ago and we didn't realize this problem before we bought it. I'm trying to solve a problem with an existing garage door and Genie opener which due to the amount of backroom along the tracks, doesn't allow me to open the garage door the full length...

View more questions Search