Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MARCORT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2009, 08:40 PM
    You can get new dodge REPLACEMENT dashboard here:

http://www.autobodyfillersusa.com/servlet/Detail?no=115

I want to be clear. It is not a cover or stupid wrong fitting cap. They make it with different materials and guarantee it. I just got it and installed it today. It wasn't too hard to put in either. The only problem is, the new dash only comes in black. If you want to color match it ONLY use this stuff from SEM:

http://semproducts.com/Catalog.asp?prod=212

You will have to use prep spray and adhesion promoter but it will expand and contract in the heat along with you r new dash. Good Luck fellow dodge owners!

Mark
    blackdually98 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2010, 07:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by manicmechanic View Post
    Mr 1999 ram started cracking at around 100,000 miles. I pulled it out last weekend. It is not nearly as hard as other dashes I have pulled. I had it out and on the workbench in about 45 minutes. The trick is to take it out like they put it in, mostly as a complete unit. I left the a/c controls, instruments, fuse box, etc in place. Once on the bench I turned it over and removed the ducting screws. Then I flipped it upright to remove the dash cover screws accross the front and two on the ends. Three hours total (not to mention the $400 dash top) and I had a new factory dash. Now she is ready for another 100,000 miles.
    It seems you are one of the few people who have ventured into this area and said it wasn't difficult. I have the same problem and need assistance and am hoping to pick your brain. Where did you get the information on how to completely remove the dashboard? That will be a starter and I might be contacting you again.

Thanks,

Mike
    WEDGIE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2010, 08:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ramdodger56 View Post
    I have a 2000 Ram 1500 and my dash cracked so bad it looks like a roadmap. It also has a trianglular shaped piece that completely broke off. Now the front trim piece is cracking. It started before the warrenty ran out but I didn't notice it until it had over 36,000 miles. I have less than 48,000 miles on it now. I'll never buy another Dodge.
    I have a 2001 Ram with over 100,000 miles and the dash looks like new. I do use various vinyl treatments on it, which you should do. You're not going to buy another one just because of a cracked dash? Quit your crying... Go buy a toyoda... Warranty has two A's... No E's...
    moparnut99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2010, 10:01 PM
    I found a store on eBay called Auto Body fillers USA and I purchased a replacement dash for about half the cost of a replacement through the dealer. I already had plans to dye my dash black and this company's replacement comes in black only, but has a great warranty and is made much better than the one you can purchase through the dealer. I basically just finished the "cracking" process on my fragile dash and removed all the pieces. You will have to unbolt the brackets for the passenger airbag in order to complete the job and a good pair of pliers will "lovingly" squeeze and break the sleeves on the ventilation scews (which the replacement does not require you to re-attach), so you only use the screws that are visible to install the new dash. It is made from heavy duty ABS plastic of a much higher grade than the dealer can offer--which means if you choose to go through the dealer for replacement, the same issues will occur once more in only a couple of years. I only hope your dash's underbracing is not also cracked as mine was. Other than that, these guys make it a relatively easy replacement. Hope all this info helps someone out there.
    LJS1202 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2010, 07:09 PM
    You don't want to tackle the removal and replacement of the original dashboard. It is costly and very time consuming. Get ready for about two days of solid work and the cost of item plus materials. Install a ABS Vacuum molded plastic dashbaord cover. These are easy to install and normally take less than 30 minutes. Your dashbaord will look new again...
    Visit www.txdashcovers.com
    LJS1202 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2010, 07:23 PM
    Dash cap cover from TXDashcovers.com... They sell 1994-2005 Dodge Ram Dash covers. Easy to install.
    Www.txdashcovers.com
    manicmechanic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2010, 08:04 PM
    Comment on blackdually98's post
    Alldata, ShopKey, Mitchell, are all reliable sourcesw of repair data. I use Alldata.
    blitzfire1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2011, 11:48 AM
    I pulled out the bezel that goes around the instrument panel, which was also cracked and saw a bunch of screws that I believe hold in the part of the dash that is cracked. You'll also have to take out the bezel above the glovebox to revele a couple more screws and about 4 or 5 up close to the glass and one on each end one by the fuse box and the opposite side as well. In my case I believe I won't have to remove any components like radio or switches and stuff. Im going to give it a shot. I think , in most cases it's the plastic cover that is cracked which means you don't have to pull the dash at all
    ShaunS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2012, 11:57 AM
    You can get a fiberglass replacement dash cap on eBay for Dodge trucks, reassembly priced for about 325.00. Comes in 3 stock Dodge colors and the color is in the gel coating. Never worry again about a cracking dash again. Well Made American product. Getting ready to install my New fiberglass dash cap now on a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport.
    RevStump Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2012, 10:10 AM
    LMC truck has the dash pad now for $219.95. Here is the link:
    http://www.lmctruck.com/features/de/DEDP1.htm
    JodyLou Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2012, 07:21 AM
    What is the average time to change the steering box on 1998 dodge ram?
    lazerpete Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2013, 12:01 PM
    Here is link from YouTube , a dash overlay a little more money $190.00 but simple and a fast possible solution.

http://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=ddZbmqPCyzg

Part location, you need to look up your model and year (maybe call them etc... )
    http://coverlaymfg.com/lookup.html?PartTypeTree=Dash+Board+Cover
    lazerpete Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2013, 12:08 PM
    [b]
    Quote Originally Posted by lazerpete View Post
    Here is link from YouTube , a dash overlay a little more money 0.00 but simple and a fast possible solution.

http://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=ddZbmqPCyzg

Part location, you need to look up your model and year (maybe call them etc... )
    http://coverlaymfg.com/lookup.html?P...sh+Board+Cover
    Feel free to launch your own complaints at car complaints .com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

01 Dodge Ram 1500 Heater/AC Problems [ 5 Answers ]

Hi There, I have a Dodge Ram 1500 2001. I bought it used and it seems to have heater issues. Whenever I have the AC on and I slow down or go down hill the heater will all of a sudden kick on. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/images/smilies/eek.gif :eek: Any thoughts on how I can fix this? ...

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Towing [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what the towing capacity is for a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 with a 360 and an automatic transmision? I bought it a few months ago and it didn't come with an owners manual.

2000 Honda Civic Dashboard removal [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I own a 2000 Honda Civic and I was wondering on how to remove the black dashboard panel that surrounds the cd player, knobs to adjust heat/ac, etc. Thanks :confused:

2001 dodge ram 1500 oil leak [ 1 Answers ]

My dodge ram v6 is leaking oil from the shaft tha comes out of the water pump. There is no oil in the water. Is there a seal that can be raplaced by removing only the fan or is this going to be a total nightmare??

Dodge 1500 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Dodge Ram 2001 pickup. My cluster gauges just went out but the lights work OK. I checked the fuse at the fuse box and they are OK. I know their must be a fuse in the Power Distribution Center, but I don't know which one it is as none of them refer to the cluster. Anyone know where I want...

View more questions Search