Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    504stone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 02:59 PM
    Neighbor attached to fence on our property w/out consent
    Before we put our fence up, we asked our neighbor if he would like to share the fence line, including costs and he said yes. When the day came to erect the fence, we called the neighbor and he said he could not afford it at that time and he also wanted to change the location of where the fence came out on the side of the house. We did not want to change the location of the fence and told him we would not change the location and that if he wasn't able to pay then we were going to go ahead with the fence and move it off the property line and onto our property-I believe this was 2 ft. Six months later, while we were out of town, our neighbor attached to our fence without our consent. We have since tried to do the "neighborly" thing and come to some sort of agreement. He has yet to pay for a portion of the fence and has not removed from our fence. My question is this... are verbal agreements binding in the state of Ohio and can we legally remove the fence since it is on our property?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 17, 2007, 04:17 PM
    Even though he is right next door you need to send him a certifed letter of notice to remove his attachments and encroachment by a certain date. After that date passes and you have your signed letter receipt you can "detach him." He isn't being neighborly so protect yourself from his future acts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wood privacy fence with steel (metal) fence [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We are planning to put in a 6' wood privacy fence on the sides of our property. We would like to install a metal (steel posing as wrought iron) fence across the front at a later date. My understanding is the terminal metal fence posts would be directly beside but not attached to the terminal...

Parental consent form [ 3 Answers ]

Okay I am 17 years of age and I live in California. I want to get married in Arizona. In Arizona all you need is a notarized parental consent form. But I don't need my parent present to get my marriage licenese. Would a consent form from California be valid in Arizona and where would I get a...

Does spouse have right to take name off dead without consent [ 1 Answers ]

My mother and father have been married for over 30 years. The purchased a house in 1989 with both parties listed on the deed. My mother put down the down payment but for the most part my father paid the mortgage. About 3 years ago my mother left the house and moved in with because my father was...

Consent and final judment [ 5 Answers ]

Recently my ex-girlfriend sighned a Consent Final Judgment of Paternity Custody,Support and Visitaion papers that I had my lawyer make.The qustion I have is now that she has sighned it she is starting to regret and might try to fight it,could she get custody even if she has sighned this...

Not getting attached [ 2 Answers ]

I've been seeing this girl for a little while now, its nothing serious but I think I mite be starting to have feelings for her. We both just got out of long relationships. Anyway the other day she told me that she didn't want a boyfirend and wanted to keep things the way they are with us right now,...

View more questions Search