Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rykia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 02:08 PM
    Am I too young to get married?
    Hi, I'm 19, my fiancé is 26, at the time of are wedding he will be 27 and I will still be 19, am I to young to get married to him? He has already been married once before 3 years ago and has a 4 year old son... am I to young for this commitment? We have been living together for a year now and have been dating for a year and a half, is this to soon?
    mllsdawn Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Apr 17, 2007, 02:15 PM
    Only you can decide this one but you are only 19 and not yet lived.
    Do you think that once your married you won't be able to do the things that your friends are doing at your age. There's so much out there for you to do.
    Do you need to take this commitment just yet if you love each other it won't need a ring and paper to show this. Take each day as it comes and make things happen for you.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2007, 05:27 AM
    How do u personally feel about committing yourself to someone, taking his hand in marriage?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2007, 05:35 AM
    It seems to me that maybe you are a little unsure, or why else would you post it on here. I would have to say, that if he is a good person and worth loving for the rest of your life, then he should be a good enough person to be willing to wait until you feel you are ready. I hope that helps.. good luck
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 18, 2007, 06:46 AM
    Angel hit the nail on the head. At 19 a person (especially a female) is not too young to get married. Its borderline but it depends on the person.

However, I believe that YOU are too young. The reason I believe that is because you are asking the question. If you weren't you wouldn't ask. You don't say how long you have been seeing your fiancé which might make a difference, but I think you are clearly concerned and should wait.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 18, 2007, 08:35 PM
    I think you should wait until you know its what you want with no questions or doubts.
    mllsdawn Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Apr 19, 2007, 12:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mllsdawn
    only you can decide this one but you are only 19 and not yet lived.
    Do you think that once your married you wont be able to do the things that your friends are doing at your age. theres so much out there for you to do.
    Do you need to take this commitment just yet if you love each other it wont need a ring and paper to show this. take each day as it comes and make things happen for you.
    Hope you will find happiness, when you know you are really ready to settle down. Do live before you do settle down. Good Luck.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2007, 01:24 PM
    I got married at age 19 and although I have been married almost 21 years I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. My husband and I still love each other and when this subject comes up we both agree that we should have waited. We have gone through some rough times that could have been avoided had we gone into marriage a little more mature.

The person I was at 25 is nearly the same as 40, but the change between 19 and 25 was dramatic! I don't think women have a chance to know what they want out of life and a life partner until they have had the chance to experience grown-up life a little. Allow yourself the time to be young! You won't get that chance again. You are looking at stepping into the role of wife and mother (step) and don't really have any practical hands-on life experience to draw upon.

You have plenty of time - take advantage of it.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2007, 01:26 PM
    I think based on the fact that you are asking this question yes, you are too young. You should know you want to and feel confident about getting married and you don't seem too sure.

If possible maybe push it back a little farther and take a bit more time to consider. Just an opinion though.
    v-star Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Apr 24, 2007, 02:57 PM
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmm let me think, YES you are too young!! Have a look around, enjoy life go places and do things, do things that you want to do and when you are 25 and think you have done all the things that you can do before u settle down then and only then you will be not too young
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2007, 11:53 PM
    I think 19, yes is young to get married, however saying that I meet my partner when I was 19. I was very much into him but enjoyed dating him also, so there is really no rush. Enjoy being together before you settle to get married, and commit yourselves to each other.
    Fritzane Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 10:08 AM
    I prefare you remain as fiancé then attain a level of reasoning and educational independence.This will give you an added advantage to overcome and deal with maritial hurdles and stress.Marriage is very unpredictable try and think of divorce,think of how you are going to carry on.Are you ready to get into this life's commitment or you are just crazily in love with a youthful emotion.Please get ready 'for better or for worse'.
    momtofour Posts: 48, Reputation: 16

Apr 26, 2007, 10:06 AM
    You are 19 and have so many great years ahead of you to live your life and discover who you really are. There is no rush, if he loves you and you love him, it can wait! At 19 you probably have not really even lived on your own yet and discovered your independence! Do you really want to marry him now and also have to raise or be a step parent to a 4 year old right now? He is 26 and light years ahead of you in both experience and years. Give it a year, live your life, join some activities and do some things for yourself. Are you in college? If not, you should be, it is a great way to challenge yourself and meet all kinds of people your age!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I too young to get married [ 8 Answers ]

Well I will be 21 on the 14 of this month and my b/f is 26 we have been together for 2 1/2 years I love him very much and I know he feels the same and I just want to know if I am too young to get married, or if the relationship is too young?

Getting Married Young [ 117 Answers ]

I am 17 years old an am engaged to be married a couple of monthes after I turn 18 to my fiancé who is 19 and will be 20 by the time we marry. When I tell people this they act very shocked and it seems as though they dissaprove. What can I do to reassure them that this is definitely the person I...

Married young [ 12 Answers ]

I am 17 about to be 18. I am going to college this fall, and I have totally fallen in love. This is it, and we both know for a fact. She is only 16 and will be 17 in January. We know for a fact we will be together forever. WE KNOW! So we were just wondering what people think about a couple getting...

Too young to get married? [ 26 Answers ]

HI. I'm 19 and I go to college in fl. I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years. This past year we have been long distance because he is in the marine corps and stationed in NC. We want to get married and everyone thinks we are crazy. How do I know if I'm doing the right thing?

Married young [ 2 Answers ]

Got married at 19 nearly 20. We had been in a long distance relationship on and off for 2years. During this time only saw each other about five times and spent a few hours together.however its been nearly 4 years now and I feel I rushed into it as I feel I have changed in person. He is 8 years...

View more questions Search