Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Edknecht Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2018, 07:30 PM
    B/W thriller from the '30s about an English estate where the owners died mysteriously
    New, young owners come to live at an estate in the English countryside. Servants have stayed with the property after the previous owners left. The estate house is large w/o electricity. The husband of the new owners leaves on business and the wife starts to discovers unusual events occurring in the house. She learns that the previous owners all died mysteriously over a short time. She discovers photos of them posed after their deaths. They are buried on the estate, but the gardeners conceals the headstones with leafs. I don't know how it ends.
    MystMoonstruck Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Jan 10, 2018, 06:00 PM
    Are you sure this is from the Thirties? I ask because it sounds like "The Others" (2001).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Others_(2001_film)

Here are a few excerpts:
    1) Grace Stewart lives with her two young children, Anne and Nicholas, in a remote country house in the Channel Islands.
    2) Grace finds a 19th-century "book of the dead", an album of mourning portrait photos of deceased family members, with some missing pages.
    3) Tuttle covers the gravestones with autumn leaves, under the orders of Mills, who comments that Grace thinks the house is haunted.
    Edknecht Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2018, 08:19 PM
    Hello,
    The Others seems to be the film that I inquired about. I should explain that I was a patient in a hospital when I saw it on a Sunday afternoon in 2004. I didn't see the beginning or end, and didn't see the middle entirely, either. Nevertheless, I thought it was intriguing and wished for years that I knew its title, which I missed.

The scene in the room where pieces of furniture are covered with sheets is identical to what I saw. Other scenes on the internet are very similar to what I saw, too. But, the film I saw was definitely older that 2001, and was definitely black and white. The starring role was not Nicole Kidman; it was a brunette instead.

I thought that I may have seen an earlier version of The Others, but I can't find any evidence of that being true. But, since it was a Sunday afternoon in 2004, I doubt it was a 2001 release.

Do you have any thoughts?

Sincerely,
    Ed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We live in Minnesota. My husband died with really no estate or will. [ 0 Answers ]

We live in Minnesota. My husband died with really no estate or will of his own. All he had was a life insurance policy that he told me he was going to change to include me, but he never did. All $120,000 went to one of his children, trusting her to divide it equally among herself and her 3...

Grandmother Died Testate Then Mother Died Intestate Before Estate was Out of Probate [ 7 Answers ]

My grandmother passed away after her husband, and left a will that her 4 children would be her heirs to split her estate equally between them with my oldest uncle as the Executor of the Estate, but my mother died intestate (without a will) before my grandmother's estate was through probate. Does my...

How can I find out if someone died there or who the previous owners were. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find out who has died in my home?

Real estate sales transaction held up by one of the owners refusing to sell [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend was left a home along with 4 other brothers. One of the brothers is refusing to sign a sales agreement to sell. A lawyer said that they would have to petition the court. What does this mean exactly and does a lawyer need to be hired or can they go to the courthouse and do this...

Estate Law, She died with no will. What to do? [ 2 Answers ]

I have to deal with a parent who died with no will? Any guidance on resources and where to get started. :confused:

View more questions Search