Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mysticus1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2018, 09:29 AM
    Goodman furnace kicks on but no ignition
    I have a goodman furnace. I can't tell you the model number as I'm at work but I do know it's a 80% efficient furnace. For the past month I've been having issues, it started as 3 blinking lights LED and is still that way now.
    The furnace receives the call for heat and the motor starts up, I then hear the little snick from the pressure switch but nothing happens after that. The motor just runs for a min or two then switches off. If I turn off the unit for a while it will reset and run as advertised when turned back on but seems to cycle off a couple of times when trying to get to the desired temp.
    I have changed out the Pressure switch, both limit switches, and the inducer motor. I've gotten on the roof and checked for a clogged vent but it was clear. Also I have checked the tube to the pressure switch which seems fine. I have PVC pipes running out the bottom of the furnace but I am unsure what they are for as they run into a section of the furnace that has some different type of tape sealing it.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 4, 2018, 01:03 PM
    Did you clean the orifices the tube connects too? Did you clean your flame rods? Take a few minutes, an hour maybe, to review these videos and let me know if that helps any. Also Google "how to troubleshoot a Goodman furnace. Techs spend many hours getting classroom and hands on experience in instructions to be certified, so don't expect easy result since most times it requires a process of checking components thoroughly, and knowing how they function. Just changing parts and failing to solve the problem is frustrating as you have found out.

Start here there are many to follow.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...C55A&FORM=VIRE
    mysticus1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2018, 01:26 PM
    Thank you for the reply. I will review the videos asap. My work PC was acting up and not allowing me to type more than one letter per second earlier, but I have also cleaned the tube going to the pressure switch and removed and cleaned the flame sensor. I will add that when I cleaned the flame sensor the unit worked for approximately 3 days before messing up again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman Furnace, burner kicks off [ 0 Answers ]

Have a Goodman GDH80453AXAB, GFA, downdraft setup. Inducer motor engages, burner lights fine, then as soon as the blower motor kicks on the burner kicks off. Initially replaced vacuum relay, because of past experience. Replaced limit switch behind the gas valve. Same issue. Replaced the limit...

Goodman Furnace ignition not occurring [ 8 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I have a GMP075-4 Goodman gas heating & air conditioning that comes on but no ignition occurs. I have done the minor troubleshooting process written on the instruction sheet but that didn't help. I turned off the power supply to the furnace and turned off the ignition switch and...

Ignition problem on a goodman furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a goodman propane furnace that will ignite intermittently. The hot surface ignitor will some to a hot red glow, and then the burners will not light. It will cycle through the next time and some times will then ignite. If it doesn't ignite, I will flip the breaker, give it a few minutes and...

Goodman furnace fan randomly kicks in [ 1 Answers ]

I have a goodman furnace model # GMP075-3, serial # 9310089194 The blower fan randomly comes on even though thermostat is set on off and fan is set on auto. 1- Please tell me what should I check? 2- Please tell me where is the location of fan limit control switch and what is it look like?...

View more questions Search