Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donaldray Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2005, 09:23 AM
    1985 Tempo-----Wheels
    I drive and tow this car all over the country putting as much as 15000 miles a month(1/2 towing, 1/2 driving) . My original wheels are starting to warp a little now so I'm thinking of replacing them. The originals are steel wheels. My ? Is if I'm putting these kind of miles on this vehicle should I stick with the steel wheels are go with aluminum ? And also can you recommend a brand or a web site to go to for wheels------Thx don
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2005, 09:50 AM
    If the originals lasted 20 years, they can't be too bad. On the other hand, aluminum ones would give better ride, better gas mileage, and a more contemporary look. Were the originals 13''? Upgrading to lower profile tires on a 14'' rim might give you more selection. The 205-55-16's on my current car are no bigger then the 205-70-13's on the one I had 20 years ago.

Junk yards should have plenty of rims that would do cheap. Otherwise, try www.tirerack.com.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1985 Honda Death [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I have a starting issue with my Honda. The engine turns over fine and I have new plugs cap roter wires. Im getting fuel and have even introduced fuel Directly. I have the right firing order. I have checked the timing belt to make sure the teeth are right and adjusted properly to make sure I...

Changing rear Strut 93 Tempo [ 1 Answers ]

The rear strut is bad on my 93 Tempo. Instruction on getting it out and replacing? Do I compress the spring before or after removing the old strut? Thanks for any help.

Hot Wheels Cars [ 2 Answers ]

Are Hot Wheels Cars that I have from the mid 60"s tru the mid 70"s Worth anything?? Also how about Matchbox cars and trucks from the same time span??

1985 Honda Civic [ 3 Answers ]

My dad has been doing work on my old beater... a 1985 Honda Civic 1500. It's a manual transmission. He is trying to find out what the intake valve clearance or the exhaust valve clearance or the tappet clearance.. for my car. Where can I find this information or better yet can someone give...

D'mazio wheels [ 5 Answers ]

I needed to know who makes a wheel that has the logo D'mazio on the rim they are chrome wheels, with VIA690KG 17X7 stamped on the back of the rim.

View more questions Search