Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adrien02 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 11:41 AM
    P-trap below floor level
    I'm having some plumbling work done(adding washer to half bath). The plumber can out and connected a drain to the main line for the washer. The problem I don't understand why he installed a P-trap under the floor which is to be filled in with concrete later. I also concerned on how he will vent the washer. Most setup I see the P-trap is aleast 6in off the floor. By the way, the plumber did not pull a permit.

Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 17, 2007, 11:49 AM
    It's not usual to install a washer trap under the cement. Your plumber installed the trap under the cement because that gave him a clear shot at the main. Your fears are valid. The washer has been installed without a vent. Have you paid him yet? Good luck, Tom
    adrien02 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 02:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by adrien02
    I'm having some plumbling work done(adding washer to half bath). The plumber can out and connected a drain to the main line for the washer. The problem I dont understand why he installed a P-trap under the floor which is to be filled in with concrete later. I also concerned on how he will vent the washer. Most setup I see the P-trap is aleast 6in off the floor. By the way, the plumber didnot pull a permit.

thanks
    No, I havenot paid him yet. What do he need to do to the current setup to vent the washer(my major concern)?

Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 17, 2007, 02:34 PM
    He needs to roll a fitting up on a 45 degree angle after the "P" trap and run a vent up to the attic and revent into a existing roof vent or if he can get to a dry vent before the attic revent back into it at least 6 inches over the flood rim of the fixture the vent services.
    Or he could come off the main and keep the trap above the floor band extend up for a re vent. I've made a rough freehand drawing,(see image) for a guide.
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet flange above floor level [ 56 Answers ]

I've seen plenty about the opposite problem - maybe this is something less common: my toilet flange is above the anticipated floor level. I recently removed old tile from the bathroom floor, planning to install new tile. In so doing, I discovered that the old tile was set on about 3 inches of...

Cut off Mysterious pipe below floor level. [ 7 Answers ]

Two part question. 1. A almost new house, a 4" PVC pipe 1/2 inch above the concrete basement floor has something in it that looks like it turns but won't. Pipe has a cap on it. What the heck is it? 2. I would like to cut it off just BELOW the floor level and put the cap back on it so the floor...

Best concrete to use to level floor? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I covered a concrete patio and am now is used as a sunroom. The room is 10' by 10' and slopes 2". I would prefer to have a level floor. I see there are self leveling products but I don't think that is necessary as I can trowel concrete no problem. Is it OK to us basic concrete without...

Toilet flange below the floor level- URGENT [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Guys, I just quickly reviewed all postings here trying to see if I can find an anwer to my question, but some things are too difficult for me to understand, as I am not familiar with the whole subject. I hired a plumber to install a new toilet in half a bath in the basement. The old toilet...

Level Basement Floor? [ 2 Answers ]

Am finishing roughed-in bathroom in basement. Studded walls already. Need to level basement floor but it's off as much as 1" in places. The stuff you pour isn't going to level to that degree, is it? Thanks for any replies- Vicki T

View more questions Search