Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ameshack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2017, 07:52 PM
    Why does my furnace say reversed polarity and nothing has been done to it
    Why all of a sudden furnace quits running and flashes yellow light reversed polarity. Nothing has been done to it.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2017, 07:58 AM
    I would try turning off breaker, turn on after maybe 10? Seconds? May be Confused
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 8, 2017, 08:25 AM
    If cutting the power to reset the system doesn't work, look for loose wires, bad connections and examine the mother board carefully for burn marks, or scorches. Shorts or bad grounding is the first condition to examine.

Before messing around with wiring TURN OFF THE POWER. You can always restore the power safely afterward, so why fry yourself...or worse!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bryant 80 furnace showing reversed polarity... after functioning fine for years. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Bryant 80 furnace that has worked fine for 6 seasons. Today, when we went to fire it up for the first time as winter is arriving, its flashing a "reversed polarity" light. The curious thing is that it was functioning fine previously, and we've not done any wire work or changed anything...

Goodman furnace reversed 115 vac polarity [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 yr old goodman furnace and went to turn it on for the first time this yr last night it turns on and runs for about 10 sec. and turns off it does not light. The troubleshoot light blinks continuously which on the sheet says reversed 115 vac polarity whatever that means. I hope its...

Furnace line voltage polarity reversed [ 6 Answers ]

I recently turned on my heater for the first time. The fan is blowing, but there is not hot air. I went into the attic and reset the ignitor switch and still no luck. The green light in front of the furnace is blinking ten times, indicating the line voltage polarity is reversed. What should my...

Reversed polarity [ 6 Answers ]

Is reversed polarity when the hot and neutral are wired backwards

Reversed polarity [ 3 Answers ]

What does reversed polarity mean a. the hot and neutral are wired forwards b. the ground and neutral are wired backwards c. the hot and neutral are wired backwards

View more questions Search