Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eagleangel07 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 11:12 AM
    Cute Coworker
    There is this cute guy I work with that I would like to get to know but we never cross paths more then just a pass in the hallway. I would have never even thought of him but a coworker told me he had a mutual interest problem is he never looks my way never smiles nothing.. all I ever get is a hi... how can I get him to talk to me and I know absolutely nothing about him and our two jobs are on opposite ends of the building and I have no reason to just casually go by his work station... and see the thing is when he's around me he just clams up and acts like he's mad and shows no emotion and won't even look my direction please help!!
    strong__dan Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Apr 17, 2007, 05:00 PM
    Hhmm if he is doing that then maybe you should just leave him alone, guys usually try and make the first move! But if you really wanted just go to him on your break or something and just talk to him start a conversation and try to figure out what he likes and who he is, or just ask him if he would like to go out for coffee sometime.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2007, 05:07 PM
    I would say to let this guy be... he is not looking for you, obviously. So stop the little side trips by his work station. Since you work in a totally different area, what other reason could you offer if someone asked you?

There are plenty of fish in the sea - plenty of those who do not work in the same place you do. Office relationships just do not seem to work out well. When things go bad, everyone hears about it and feels like they have to take sides.
    jessincali Posts: 23, Reputation: 4

Apr 17, 2007, 07:13 PM
    While I can understand that the thought of dating someone at work may be exciting... it probably isn't a good idea. Relationships often go bad and just think about how embarrassing it would be to run into him AFTER you had dated and not worked out.
    My advice - stay out of a work relationship - it just doesn't sound like a good idea.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 17, 2007, 07:22 PM
    The others are making a good point, since if it goes bad you still have to see ach other and trust me every busy body will be in your business. If it goes good they will still be in your business.
    eagleangel07 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 05:02 AM
    I thank you all for all the answers turns out you were right workplace romance is just a bad idea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cute Coworker [ 1 Answers ]

There is this cute guy I work with that I would like to get to know but we never cross paths more then just a pass in the hallway. I would have never even thought of him but a coworker told me he had a mutual interest problem is he never looks my way never smiles nothing.. all I ever get is a...

What is inappropriate behavior for a coworker and your spouse? [ 8 Answers ]

My husband got a text message from a female coworker around 11pm at night, he was at home with me, this was also the night of the company Christmas party, which we decided to not attend as we have 2 small children and no babysitter. The first text message was "where are you" and the second was...

Male coworker avoiding me [ 11 Answers ]

There is a new guy at work--been there about six weeks. He was so sweet and nice at first--made it a point to make eye contact with me and say hi, even if I didn't notice he was around at first. His smile lit up the world. I've smiled and made eye contact right back, and found reasons to visit his...

Husband saved chats from coworker [ 11 Answers ]

I have been married to my husband for 5 years we have one child. I recently found chats on my husbands jump drive he had saved from his previouse job where he worked for 4 years. I bought him a new flash/jump drive and decided that I could use his old one he said no problem. I found hundreds of...

Should I ask out a coworker? [ 4 Answers ]

Over the last couple years I have become friends with a coworker (who is single). When he first started working here I was at the end of a relationship and not ready to explore new people. Now I'm ready to date again. I'm concerned that if I ask him out it could ruin a good working...

View more questions Search