Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pineapplegirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 10:19 AM
    Bbaby shower etiquettes
    One of my friends is having her baby shower in few days and I just got the invite. The invite says no baby clothes. I have already purchased few baby clothes (not from her registry) and some other items from her registry and now I am at a fix as to what to do with the clothes:confused: :confused: . Should I return it and pick up something else from her registry or should I just ignore it and give her baby clothes (assuming that a new mom always needs cute clothes for her baby :) .)
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

Apr 17, 2007, 12:11 PM
    I assume that "a few days" is describing less than a week, so with such short notice of the clothing ban, I would feel OK about giving them along with a gift receipt. If she really doesn't want them, she can take them back. Just let her know you had already made these purchase prior to getting the invite and have included a gift receipt if she wishes to exchange them for some other item.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2007, 01:35 PM
    You stated that you bought other items from the registry. I think you are fine.

As mentioned, giving the receipt or stating you bought the clothes before the invite was received should be more than enough "excuse"... if they are upset with you for this, they are really trolling to pick a fight.

Relax and don't fret about it.
    krittengirl Posts: 63, Reputation: 14

Apr 17, 2007, 02:26 PM
    I would wonder if the "no clothes" rule was from the person the shower is for or the person throwing the shower. Try contacting the person throwing the shower to find out why that "rule" was put into place in the first place.
    pineapplegirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 04:46 PM
    Thanks everyone for your replies and suggestions.. I think I'll save the clothes for subsequent visits. I don't know who put the no clothes rule because the mother-to-be has registered for onesies, playwear and sleep-suits in her registry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing shower drain for shower pan replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of removing an existing shower tray. I am having difficulty in removing the drain. It does not appear to screw in. I have access to from below if I need to cut pvc pipe. This appears to be the only thing keeping my tray in place at this time.

Lose Hot Water in bottom Shower When Top Shower is being used ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys, this problem has been occurring for some time now, I finally found this website to finally ask the question and hopefully have an answer :).. Now I do not want to call the plumber in at this point, in case if it's a easy fix and would rather save the money, so please if you can help...

Replace shower Plumbing Valve assembly shower head 2 knobs [ 3 Answers ]

In a fiberglass corner shower shell. What I have is an old leaking rusted Shower valve assembly. It leaks from the Shower head that is a hand sprayer with a wall mount from the sprayer. It also leaks around the both the hot and cold water wall mount knobs. The cold water knob the sleeve that...

Dressing etiquettes [ 2 Answers ]

I have to give a presentation on dressing etiquettes... if someone can help..

Turning walking shower stall into bathtub/shower combo. [ 4 Answers ]

Question: Current shower drain (2" pipe) runs 5 feet, under slab, to vent stack (5" cast iron vent pipe) of toilet. Will need to move the drain 3ft to wall for new tub. After moving the drain, the complete length of the pipe will still be around 5 feet. We will have to reduce the drain line...

View more questions Search