Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    traka Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2005, 08:06 PM
    Registry entry
    %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k

This registry entry was found by a few check type programs, but it's an unknown factor according the programs.

Is it a issue to delete this registry entry ?
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2005, 02:11 AM
    http://www.liutilities.com/products/...brary/dumprep/

Here's some details about the program. Looks like part of the Windows XP error logging. I'm guessing that if you remove this it would also be smart to turn off the XP error logging too. Hopefully another expert will be able to give more info.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2005, 07:01 AM
    Error Logging
    Hi,
    You can delete this registry entry.
    It is part of the Microsoft Error Logging for XP, and exists only to send messages to Microsoft about errors!

Then, follow these steps from http://castlecops.com:; which are listed below:

Windows XP has an error reporting tool called "dumprep" which upon serious errors, creates memory dumps and creates logs. You can disable the error logging by doing this:-
    Right My Computer and click Properties.
    Click Advanced Tab.
    Here, clikc Settings button in StartUp and Recovery.
    Here, in the "Write Debugging Information" section, set it to "None".

Just for information:
    If you wish to add or subtract from an Experts' reputation, or show appreciation or discontent with an answer, click on the "balance scales" icon across from the Experts' name on the right hand side of the page. You can then choose what you wish.

Best wishes,
    fredg
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 15, 2005, 09:07 AM
    I don't know about other people, but I DO send the dumps to Microsoft on occasion. Generally, when the problem is with Windows or wone of their software packages or another major package, I will send the dump. Doing so can help them fix bugs or incompatibilities that may occur. I will generally only send the dump the first time the error occurred.
    traka Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2005, 05:35 PM
    Sorry about the delay to answer back, but I have been having "time-out" issues with both browsers, IE and Mozilla ( just updated top lates version and still timing out)
    I could not log in here !
    System restore did not fix the problem either, and done all the scans in Safe-Mode to.

After much persistence I finlay got in.

I had a look at castle cops and there does nopt seem to be too much alarm about it.
    However, I now suspect something with the multiple security settings ( which has become overwhelming), and I think ad stuff is getting through. Therefore if there are settings for this and settings for that, and it gets overwhelming where it becomes impossible to surf the net, then these ad companies are "winning", like, "have your settings to block ads and spyware, but then compromise surfing on the net"?? Point to ponder...
    Meaning, if we all block too much of the spyware, then we can't surf to do OUR thing, and at the same time the adevertisers are happy to sit back till we lower our security settings.
    This is what I feel has probably happened.
    I run AVG, Kerio, Adaware, SpyBot and CWS Shredder, plus the external firewall/modem/router.
    I think that is enough security but now it seems to be compromising.
    It make not much difference, I have 3 computers here so the bastards
    Cannot win over me with their manipulative spyware crap. Just switch PC's and clean out one while continue sirfing with the other.
    Yet, MOST cannot have the comfort of multiple PC setups, to beat spyware.
    So, what I am saying, I am willing to experiment on these issues as time permits.
    Any more ideas now why I am getting time-outs on both browsers?

Thanks in advasnce in case I cannot log in again

:eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journal entry [ 10 Answers ]

If my company receives an inheritance and contributes 10,000 in cash to the business, how should I jounalize this?

Drugs and entry in2 us [ 1 Answers ]

Me and b/f wish to travel from ireland to the u.s (florida) my b/f was taken to court as he was in possession of a small amount of hash. (1) can he get into the u.s in September? (2) will he ever be able to travel to the us? (3) how do they know about his criminal record by looking at a...

Closing entry [ 1 Answers ]

At the end oa an accounting period, lackawaxen co. has the following account balances listed on its Adjusted Trial Balance: Sales revenue $100,000 Cost of goods sold $50,000 Administrative earnings: $25,000 Retained Earnings: 250,000 Assume there are no other revenue...

Registry [ 23 Answers ]

How do I manually clean my registry?

Journal entry [ 1 Answers ]

I need help making this journal entry. Made a down payment of 11,196.00 on 12/21/05 for liability insurance coverage from 1/1/06-1/1/07. Then making monthly payments of 5306.00 for 9 months. Do I treat this as a prepaid? Thanks! Let

View more questions Search