Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Denfuse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2017, 05:09 PM
    Tank pressure
    With the tank full and pump cycled off I get a reading of 30 PSI. Is this good or should it be higher?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2017, 05:37 PM
    If you are sure the gauge is correct, that is quite low for off pressure. Most pumps are set to kick on about 25-28# although you can set it where you want. What is switch ON pressure? What kind of faucet flow do you have?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is a small leak in a water well line acceptable? Pressure tank is losing pressure. [ 8 Answers ]

Thanks so much in advance for your help. This has been a trial and error learning experience. Your answers to other people's questions really helped us in getting this far! Troubleshootin and repairs we've already done: Our pressure tank was losing pressure rapidly. Cycling every 7 minutes...

With the power turned off to water tank, tank loses pressure fast [ 0 Answers ]

Foot valve has been replaced but now pump won't shut off all the time. When you turn power off tank loses pressure instantly.

What's the difference between a pump tank and a pressure tank [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference between a pump tank and a pressure tank? Thanks Mike

New shallow well pump new huge pressure tank but water pressure is terrible [ 11 Answers ]

When I had a smaller pump (shallow well) and small tank my water pressure was great. When I had to replace everything the person installing the system put a bigger pump and a huge pressure tank. It is the size of a 50 gal water heater. I replaced everything. Ever since then my water pressure is...

Do I need to install a jet pump, a pressure tank and a holding tank? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a new home with nothing but the 1inch well pipe stemed through the cellar wall. My house is not on town supply line. Do I need to install a jet pump that goes to the pressure tank which then sends water ot a holding tank? Or is the pressure tank by itself all that I would need? Or a...

View more questions Search