Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KimL97051 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2017, 11:09 AM
    1933 home backed up basement drain
    My drain in the basement is backing up, and I can't use a bladder or a snake because my pipe goes down about 6 inches and then it has a tiny opening that the snake can't get into. The bladder cant go far enough into the pipe to do anything. I am at a loss. How can I snake this drain?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 22, 2017, 06:47 PM
    Hello KimL97051,

The drain trap, and pipe, leading away from the floor drain should be at least 1 1/2" in diameter. If enclosed, that means there is accumulation of old sediment that needs to be purged. I suggest you either rent more powerful electric snake with proper cutting tip, or call local drain cleaning contractor to do it for you

Once you have the drain contractor over, ask him to check your main drain for you, as it may be the cause of the basement drain back ups

Hope that helps

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Backed up water in to shower in basement [ 7 Answers ]

What can I use to stop the back flow of water from the toilet and washer In to the shower? The washer has a trap and when the washer drains and the toilet is used at the same time, water flows back into shower drain located in the basement.

Shower drain & garage drain backed up at same time [ 3 Answers ]

Yesterday the shower drain and the garage drain backed up at the same time. 15 minutes later both drains started draining again. This morning the garage drain backed up again and at same time the toilet nearest the drain was gurgling. Once again, 10-15minutes later it drained. Shower drain did...

Drain in stairwell backed up again and flooding basement... [ 3 Answers ]

We have a drain in an outside stairwell. I know in the past when it has backed up and totally flooded the baseement, my parents had roto rooter come out and clean the drain, and everything would be fine. We have owned the house for 3 years now and the first time it flooded was about a month ago...

Backed up sewer flooding basement [ 2 Answers ]

My sister in law has had her sewer constantley backed up for over a year and some. The smell is horrible. She has two small children and I was wondering what health hazards it may have on them.

Drain in the basement is backed up [ 1 Answers ]

My house is 10 years old my basement floor drain by the hot water heater has backed up. The frist time it backed up it had food in it and other stuff the 2nd time it has some food now no food just water. The smell is bad. I have put drain cleasner down it and snaked it every time. Can someone tell...

View more questions Search