Hot heater 110 volts 20gal water smell bad not used ofton
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 18, 2017, 06:40 AM
    Please clarify your question
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2017, 02:09 PM
    I'll take a leap here and guess they are talking about an under the counter 20 gallon HW heater operating on 120VAC. I will also guess you are on a well. If this is the case, it is from decomposing sulfur bearing minerals in the soil that leach into the well water, generating Hydrogen Sulfide in trace amounts. Another possibility is the Sulfide reacts with the anode rod and causes the smell. The easiest solution is to run water through the tank, heat off, to flush it well. Then try to heat the water. You may need to replace the anode rod, particularly if you have hard water. This happens to my HW heater in our GA mountain home when we don't go there much in the winter. Flush it for a while and it goes away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Appliance help [ 1 Answers ]

Need help with kenmore heavy duty stackable washer and dryer. The washer spins but will n poo r agitate

Changing from a 240 volt appliance to a 208 volt appliance [ 3 Answers ]

I am replacing an old electric range (240v) to a newer electric range (208v). Will I need new wiring, a bigger breaker, different outlet or all the above? Or should it work with the same wiring as the older unit?

Appliance [ 2 Answers ]

Kenmore elite dryer runs but doesn't heat. What should I do first?

Appliance [ 1 Answers ]

Kenmore Model 110.69812990 doesn't heat up.

View more questions Search