Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lexy_lexy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 07:23 AM
    Red hair dye disaster:(
    :confused: :confused:

Please please help

I'm 17 n been dying my hair since I was about 10..
    My hair is naturally a light brown colour.. I always dye it darker.. and I decided to go for a dark redy brown colour.. I did it and hated it.. so the next day put a semi dark brown on wich toned the redness down.. the brown has now faded out and the red is more toned down however.. my roots have through light brown.. I want to get my hair dyed a light brown colour at the hair dressers.. but I'm worried it won't work because of the reddish colour in it.. will it work... or what colour will it turn out.. or will my hair will break off or something.. or does anyone have any ideas how2 help strip the colour?. please help!!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 19, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Do not attempt to fix it yourself, it could make matters worse. Please go to a salon and have them do a corrective color. If your natural hair color is light brown, they will try to match it as close possible.
    roxygirl61887 Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Apr 19, 2007, 09:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lexy_lexy
    :confused: :confused:

please please help

im 17 n been dying my hair since i ws about 10..
    my hair is naturally a light brown colour .. i always dye it darker.. and i decided to go 4 a dark redy brown colour.. i did it and hated it.. so the next day put a semi dark brown on wich toned the redness down.. the brown has now faded out and the red is more toned down however.. my roots have through light brown.. i want to get my hair dyed a light brown colour at the hair dressers.. but im worried it wont work because of the reddish colour in it.. wil it work... or wot colour will it turn out.. or will my hair will break off or something.. or does anyone have any ideas how2 help strip the colour??.. please help!!!
    I would not strip your hair. I would do a full head foil of blonde all over your head.. some of your foils could be a little red... also it all depends on what condition your hair is in... if you are worried about your hair breaking off it all depends on what condition it is in... so you shouldn't do anything more to your hair yourself.. I would DEFIANTLEY go to a hairstylist and see what condition your hair is in and tell them everything.. Im a hairstylist I have seen problems like this.. all I can say is don't color your hair by yourself... I have people coming to me all the time with these problems

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing red hair dye [ 36 Answers ]

A week and two days ago I was a hair model for professional stylist in NYC. She said she wanted to alter my natural medium ash brown hair to give it a more "honey" tone. The photograph she showed me was almost my exact hair color, just slightly warmer. When she was done, my hair was bright...

Red Hair disaster! [ 4 Answers ]

A few days ago I tried to dye my med to dark brown hiar intense red by Loreal, it turned out a mess. A horrid almost black colour on the ends and a reddy/ purply colour on the roots. I then went a bought a Med brown and put that on top (both permenant) and this has just made it darker and still the...

Getting red permanent hair dye out [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed my light brown to dark blonde hair red last night w/ 100% garnier hair color (permanent). I would really like to return to my natural shade before a reunion I have in three weeks. Will it wash out by then? Will washing with prell and dish soapwash it out just fade the color or will it wash...

Red Hair Disaster! [ 1 Answers ]

I recently used a highlight on my hair to just touch up the dark roots to blond. After about 3 mintues my friend looked and it and said why is your hair red. So I washed it out and went and got a dark blond color to try and cover it up. It just turned a little deeper red not as bright. So I...

Red hair dye disaster [ 2 Answers ]

I had dyed my hair for halloween 2006(BAD iDEA). The color was red. And my natural hair color was dirty blond. Now it is November 29th and on the box it said "comes out in 8-10 washes (temporary dye)" I must of took 60 showers and now my bangs are red/orange and my hair has a red tint to it! Im...

View more questions Search