Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ziadshuwaikh Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2005, 03:12 PM
    Using ask me website
    How can I use this website,step by step please,and how can I ask anonymously.thx a lot
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 14, 2005, 04:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ziadshuwaikh
    how can i use this website,step by step plz,and how can i ask anonymously.thx a lot
    You just did it. Select a topic and a category and then click on the Ask a new question link. It might help if you browse the forums a bit to see if a similar question has already been asked and answered. If not, then just start a new question.

As for anonymous posting, I don't believe those are allowed. Nor do I see a real need for them. By creating a user name, you are effectively creating anonymity. What more would you need?
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2005, 06:24 PM
    You just did ask a question, and you are anonymous, how could we know you even exist.
    ziadshuwaikh Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2005, 06:23 AM
    How can I get notify?
    Dear sir thanks for your help,please how can I get notify to my e-mail when I get answer to my question?

Mar 21, 2005, 06:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ziadshuwaikh
    dear sir thx for ur help,plz how can i get notify to my e-mail when i get answer to my question?
    Click on My Profile and select Edit Options. You can set your e-mail notifications there.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2005, 06:40 AM
    Askme
    Hi,
    Just for information:
    You can also send a Private Message to any Expert or Member ID.
    Just click on My Profile at the top.
    Then, on the left, will be a link to Send Message.
    Type in the ID name, and you can ask a Private Question, send a message to someone, etc.
    If your Email Preference is set to send you replies, it will send you a message to that email that you have a Private Message, as well as an answer to a question you posted.
    Best wishes,
    fredg

Mar 22, 2005, 07:17 AM
    I do NOT recommend sending private messages to any "expert". The advantage of a public board like this is that you post your question many different "experts" can see it. If your question calls for an opinion you can get multiple opinions. If it calls for a factual answer, then any mistakes can be noted and corrected. Also, by posting publicly, other people can learn from the thread just be browsing.

By using a private message you limit yourself to that "experts" knowledge and experience. Not a good idea.

Personally, I will not take questions posted to me via a private message. Such questions will be answered with a request to post publicly. To me, private messages should be used for notes of a personal nature only.

I've been helping out on Q&A boards like this for over 20 years. The overwhelming consensus of other helpers is that questions should be posted publicly.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2005, 11:32 AM
    Yes true. That one expert may well lets say be good in registry editing, while another expert be good in building a computer.
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Mar 22, 2005, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    I do NOT recommend sending private messages to any "expert". The advantage of a public board like this is that you post your question many different "experts" can see it. If your question calls for an opinion you can get multiple opinions. If it calls for a factual answer, then any mistakes can be noted and corrected. Also, by posting publicly, other people can learn from the the thread just be browsing.

By using a private message you limit yourself to that "experts" knowledge and experience. Not a good idea.
    Agreed...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Website traffic [ 6 Answers ]

What is the best way to get FAST website traffic without spending a fortune on pay per click?

Music website [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a website where I can listen to full length songs for free? Even if you don't know the answer, reply because I like getting replys

Music website [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a website where I can listen to full length songs for free?

Age of website [ 3 Answers ]

Hi pals I want to know the age of web-site, I meant to say when the site was made? When was Its domain registered? And how I can check about informations of perticular site Regarding this topic? Is there any method to know about it? Is there any trick That will show me what is the...

View more questions Search