Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2017, 05:14 PM
    Why are you posting media promos Tom?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 28, 2017, 03:19 AM
    Same as my link Clete, but a different source. You probably need a prescription to read it.

More Americans Are Carrying Handguns Than Ever Before – Mother Jones
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2017, 03:28 PM
    Just the facts Clete . 3 million legal gun carriers . Are they all mass murderers ? Mother Jones is goofy wrong . Gun violence is in the decline .
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.eccdf6322fb6
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2017, 06:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Just the facts Clete . 3 million legal gun carriers . Are they all mass murderers ? Mother Jones is goofy wrong . Gun violence is in the decline .
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.eccdf6322fb6
    So you think the more guns in possession of citizens the less gun violence? But our experience demonstrates the opposite, so we have to look elsewhere for answers. Could it be your rate of detention has something to do with it, less violent criminals on the streets? On perhaps it is a better educated society, but then it could just be statistical error, or dilution due to population growth, perhaps you passed out of the era where there was more mental illness due to PTSD arising from war, you could also corralate it with the war on drugs
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2017, 08:32 PM
    This is why you have effective gun laws

Tamim Khaja pleads guilty to planning Sydney 'mass murder' terror attack - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
    Expert

Oct 30, 2017, 04:24 AM
    I think this was more about effective law enforcement than anything to do with gun control.
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2017, 05:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I think this was more about effective law enforcement than anything to do with gun control.
    No you miss it, he was impeded in his plan because he couldn't just walk into a store and buy a gun. Was he smart? Probably not, I don't think most of these jihadist types are smart. I don't doubt there were some in muslim community who could have provided him a weapon, but he can't be as open about it here as he could be in your society. Our law enforcement look for signs of radicalisation. When I was his age I owned a gun, long rifle, that wouldn't be permitted today
    Expert

Oct 30, 2017, 05:49 AM
    Your link and the links in the story were unclear. We have established already that a lot of guns can be bought in your country. Your NSA was tipped off about this loony. Would anyone walking into a gun store to buy a gun be turned into the NSA as he was?
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2017, 02:55 PM
    Your link and the links in the story were unclear. We have established already that a lot of guns can be bought in your country. Your NSA was tipped off about this loony. Would anyone walking into a gun store to buy a gun be turned into the NSA as he was?

Possibly, the gun store owner might do some profiling of his own, there are a lot less of them here, and no gun shows to speak of. To buy a gun you have to go through police checks and have a good reason and be able to demonstrate you have a safe place to store it
    Expert

Oct 30, 2017, 03:20 PM
    The damn fool should have gotten hooked up with the black market like any self respecting nefarious loony.
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2017, 07:15 PM
    The damn fool should have gotten hooked up with the black market like any self respecting nefarious loony.
    Yes but our black market isn't as well developed, he probably would have needed to get involved with muslim bikies and they are more interested in drugs than jihad

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a woman call rape after she had a one night stand with a guy who refuses to call [ 4 Answers ]

Okay so earlier today my friend was sharing a story about his worst one night stand ever. So it basically stand when he meet a girl in a bar. They had a few drinks, but when they left both were not drunk. They got in his care and he drove her back to her apartment. One thing lead to another and...

People cannot call my voip number, but I can call out [ 0 Answers ]

Yesterday the phone worked today it does not. Incoming caller hears amessage saying to contact their provider because the call is being treated as a local call but should be treated as a long distance call. I myself tried calling "HOME" from my cell and had the same problem, I contacted the cell...

Didn't answer my ex's call. Will he call again? [ 12 Answers ]

I dated a guy for little over a year. It was a long distance relationship. I have a lot going on and have made every attempt to make him part of my life. He too has too much going on. At first everything was OK. But the last couple of months were plagued with arguments. Mostly my fault. We had a...

Got a call from a collection agency who was taping my call [ 2 Answers ]

I just got a call from a collection agaency and wanted to gather information about a mastercard debt I owe. I told them that I don't own a mastercard, then they preceded to tell me my ss # and asked me if it was mine. I told them that the ss # was mine and how did they get my ss # since I don't own...

View more questions Search