Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    halbrown Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2017, 01:58 PM
    Dryer Will not start
    Dryer Would not start so checked thermal limit fuse... it was blown... replaced but did not reinstall to sheet metal since it was very tight space. Put black tape around connections. And left it hanging in the open space. I had great air flow after reinstall and heat. After one use it blew. Should I have put it bck on the sheet metal and left it untaped (no electrical tape) instead of the easier fix.? Thank

[email protected]
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 3, 2017, 05:00 PM
    Try this guy,

What Causes the Thermal Cutoff to Keep Going Bad on a Dryer? | Home Guides | SF Gate

Defective Heating Element

A number of components inside the dryer can cause overheating. The first and most obvious is the heating element itself. If it has shorted, it may stay on even when the cycling thermostat turns it off. A visual inspection may reveal that it's touching some part of the assembly casing, but if not, you should unplug the dryer, remove the heater assembly and test it for continuity with an ohmmeter. If the meter indicates very low or no resistance, the element is defective, and you should replace it.

Other Possible Defective Components

A defective cycling thermostat can also cause the dryer to overheat if it doesn't turn off the heat at the proper temperature. If it isn't working, a continuity test will reveal infinite resistance...

As you see an ohmmeter is a handy tool, but read the whole article.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2017, 10:12 AM
    Most issues I have seen arise from a blocked vent pipe. I just cleaned a vent, 10 ft. long, and pulled out almost 5 gallons of lint. Thermal had blown.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2017, 04:06 PM
    It NEEDS to be Mounted on the Sheet Metal(Heater Duct)so it can open at correct Heat. Some are one time use, some resettable, some automatically reset.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ge dryer won't start just a buzzing noise when I turn the start button [ 3 Answers ]

It was working fine, just switched the loads and now just a buzzing noise when I turn the start button

Kenmore electric dryer won't start; timer clicks but drum doesn't start turning [ 2 Answers ]

I used an ohmeter to check start button, thermal fuse, timer, thermostats and they all check out OK. I'm afraid it's the motor and don't know how to get to it to test with ohmeter.

GE dryer drum not turning- felt ring destroyed- dryer just hums when you start it? [ 2 Answers ]

GE Model DHDSR46EG6WW Serial MR701623A

I have a Kenmore Elite G808 Osaia Dryer need to know how to start the dryer [ 0 Answers ]

I need instruction on how to use the dryer. It is a Kenmore Elite G808 Oasis Dryer

View more questions Search