Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CaliforniaSunny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2017, 01:35 PM
    I have weak water pressure in an upstairs bathroom shower. Can you help?
    I have weak pressure in a shower in an upstairs bathroom. I have great pressure in the tub but when I pull the water diverter from tub to shower the pressure is very weak in shower. I removed the shower head and still found poor water pressure even with the straight pipe. Thinking this is a blockage between tub and shower or a bad diverter. Thoughts?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Sep 28, 2017, 03:10 PM
    Hi CS

If you cleared the shower head as the issue then assuming the diverter is NOT on the tub spout I'd suggest replacing the diverter spindle. When you remove the existing diverter spindle you could also remove the shower head again and run some water via a garden hose down the shower pipe to be sure there is no blockage... if all OK there install the diverter and the shower head and see if things are improved.

If the diverter is on the tub spout I would replace the tub spout with a new spout/diverter and see if that improves things.

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weak water pressure 2nd shower [ 2 Answers ]

The water pressure drops significantly when I try to adjust the temp. When I turn on the water dial the pressure is great throughout the cold/ blue, but once I turn it to HOT there's almost water pressure. This is the only discharge ion the house that has this problem. All of the sinks and the...

Cold water pressure very weak upstairs [ 0 Answers ]

The cold water pressure downstairs is five but upstairs its just a dribble I improved the pressure before though it still wasn't perfecet using the bath shower head to force hot water through the cold tap but I forget how I did that. Any Ideas Regards

No Hot Water in upstairs bathroom and low pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I have a two story house with two bathrooms up stairs... One is a jack and jill and the other is a single full... The Jack and Jill has hot water at the two sinks with good water pressure but no hot water to shower... I am guessing it is the valve clogged on that one... However the single full has...

Low water pressure in upstairs bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

I have love water pressure in the upstairs bathroom. Any help to remedy this problem

Low pressure in my upstairs bathroom shower [ 7 Answers ]

I need some help. My bathroom on the 2nd floor has very little hot water pressure in the sink and shower... I cleaned out the screens and had my hot water heater flushed... any ideas?

View more questions Search