Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sean the Dog Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2017, 07:06 AM
    ID these two movies?
    Both are quite old. I saw them on a black and white TV in the 70s, and have no idea who is in them. Don't even know if they are colour or B&W.

============

Jewish boy in WW2, given a cloth Jewish star to wear, pretends it is a western sheriff's star. Hides by day, roams around playing cowboy at night. Ends with a "shootout" between him and the local Nazi commandant.

============

Two rookie cops are teamed up together, one black and one white. They start out disliking each other but become good friends.

This show had a subplot about a street gang trying to make a name for themselves. They think shooting a cop will give them a great rep, and then decide to assassinate this duo as a statement.

Any ideas, anyone? Thank you all.
    MystMoonstruck Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Sep 29, 2017, 02:33 PM
    1) The Lucky Star (1980) The Lucky Star (1980) - IMDb
    From IMDb review: A young boy luckily avoids being murdered by the Nazis (the fate the rest of his family and friends suffered). He goes on the run and ends up in Holland, where he is taken in by a farmer's wife. However, the burgomaster is worried and sticks a yellow star on the boy who then reasons that a sheriff wears a star; it is the badge of righteousness. Thus, he must clean up the town of villains.

2) Foster and Laurie (1975 TV movie) Foster and Laurie (TV Movie 1975) - IMDb
    From IMDb review: "Foster and Laurie" is the true story of the murder of two New York City policeman by black revolutionaries. Outstanding performances by the cast all the way around. The movie tells the parallel stories of the policemen and their assassins leading up to the murders in flashback style. Effort is made to present the killers as actual people and not just cardboard cutouts. Commendably, the initial racial tension between Foster and Laurie is shown.

Both are color films.
    Sean the Dog Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2017, 08:38 AM
    I don't believe this... I think you have them BOTH!! And so fast too! (Shows you how poor my computer searching skills are.)I was sure The Lucky Star was a bit older than that because I was sure I saw it more mid-70s, but things do get a bit cloudy looking back about 40 years.I have a friend looking for both of these now.Thank You so much for solving this old mystery for me. Although I only remember bits and pieces of each show, they both made a great impression on me at the time, one which hasn't quite gotten lost over the years. I appreciate your help.
    MystMoonstruck Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Oct 1, 2017, 10:25 AM
    You're welcome!

I think my age sometimes helps when it comes to solving movie/TV mysteries. I'm well into my 60s and have been a devoted film fan since I was a very young girl. My film buff father helped coach me and "talked movies" with me a lot.

My memory goes back more than six decades, even if it's occasionally a spotty memory.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late night movies on Start Movies - 1995 [ 2 Answers ]

I don't remember the name but the story is A girl marrried to a rich old guy, not able to satisfy her Gets along with the hero , who works at a shop He robs a bank He loves a girl working with him Please let me know the name of this movie

Movies, great movies cause I'm bored [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone knows a movie similar to the devil wears prada?

What movies is this? [ 1 Answers ]

There was this movie that I remember watching when I was little but I can't remember a lot of it. It has to be an 80s or 90s movie, it was animated,and one of the character not sure if it was an important one looked short,chubby,big head,in a shadow beard and I think he smoked a pipe. Oh it also...

View more questions Search