Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tinkerbell1972 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 04:12 AM
    Red Hair disaster!
    A few days ago I tried to dye my med to dark brown hiar intense red by Loreal, it turned out a mess. A horrid almost black colour on the ends and a reddy/ purply colour on the roots. I then went a bought a Med brown and put that on top (both permenant) and this has just made it darker and still the same on the roots. Last night I put a castlings Iced chocolate on and that has not shiffed the horris mess. It is half very, very dark brown and I/2 purply red. It is horrible and if I don't get it sorted I will cry! I don't want to spend a fortune at the hairdresses but need to so something now. My hair has gone really dry now, please help! What will happen if I put a dark brown permentant colour on and deep condition it? Thanks
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

Apr 17, 2007, 01:02 PM
    Don't color it again just yet! Go to a beauty supply store. I forgot exactly what its called, but ask someone who works there to help you, but get something that will strip the color out of your hair before you dye it again.
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

Apr 17, 2007, 01:03 PM
    ---Oh, and I'm not promising that will fix everything, but it should turn out better. You will get the best results if you just got to a professional to help you, I know it's quite expensvie but after all the hair color you've already bought, and plan on buying... it's really not that bad.
    peachies Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 02:01 PM
    You can either strip the color out of your hair or bleach it. I don't think you should continue to dye the dark part of your hair with brown because it will only make it darker.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 19, 2007, 04:48 PM
    In order to go from brown to an intense red color, you will need to lighten your hair with bleach and then apply the desired color. If your hair is dry, I recommend doing a deep conditioning treatment once a week to restore moisture in your hair. If you keep dyeing your hair, you could damage it. I recommend that you get your hair professionally done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red Hair Disaster! [ 1 Answers ]

I recently used a highlight on my hair to just touch up the dark roots to blond. After about 3 mintues my friend looked and it and said why is your hair red. So I washed it out and went and got a dark blond color to try and cover it up. It just turned a little deeper red not as bright. So I...

Red hair dye disaster [ 2 Answers ]

I had dyed my hair for halloween 2006(BAD iDEA). The color was red. And my natural hair color was dirty blond. Now it is November 29th and on the box it said "comes out in 8-10 washes (temporary dye)" I must of took 60 showers and now my bangs are red/orange and my hair has a red tint to it! Im...

Hair Disaster! [ 3 Answers ]

I have been dying my hair for atleats 2 years now. I was told by my hair dresser that I needed to "strip my hair" so that I could get some of my black hair lightin so I could dye my hair a lighter color. So I did what she said and I added my new color and it turned or REALLY BAD!! :eek: it only...

Hair disaster [ 1 Answers ]

I put some highlights in my hair wuth a pre lightener its worked OK on the ends but is lighter on the top,I like the colour but it looks uneven, the colour is a light copper,should I get a light brown dye and make it all even, I am trying to get my hair to be a light brown anyway please help

Hair Disaster--HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

I formally had my hair semi-permantly died red. On my last visit I told my hair stylist to go blonde, so we did, she bleached it and put toner in it twice, but on some parts it looks the colour of hay, very yellow. I was thinking of just using at home dye kits to dye it either dark or lighter, but...

View more questions Search