Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Calvinator Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2017, 04:11 PM
    My son was arrested on a probation violation in Hawaii 6 months.no evidenciaryhearong
    My son was homeless and made multiple requests to the probation officer and probation dept. to obtain a transfer to California from Nevada. Turned out this probation officer lied and said no contact attempts were ever made. He was arrested on a bench warrant in May 2017 and still no evidenciary hearing some six months later? Now they scheduled the evidenciary hearing in December 2017... can they just hold him indefinitely? No time limits here?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 25, 2017, 04:14 PM
    They can hold him normally up to the time on his sentence.
    If his requests were not in writing, with proof they were made, they were never "made" officially. And requests for transfers do not have to be made. If they can not show proof of a job and proof of housing in the new location, they are seldom allowed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will being arrested not convicted be a probation violation? [ 14 Answers ]

Hi I'm currently on misdemeanor probation in the state of Georgia, and last night I was arrested for disorderly conduct (another misdemeanor). Long story but I am innocent and plan on pleading innocent at my arraignment next month and I'm positive I will beat the case. I just wanted to know if just...

Is it a violation of probation for being arrested? [ 6 Answers ]

If I am on probation and I get arrested for a charge that I haven't been convicted of can I be violated by probation for just being arrested and/ or charged?

What happens when arrested for a first time probation violation? [ 1 Answers ]

My Husband is on probation for disorderly conduct. About close to a month ago he was arrested for theft, and did 5 days in jail. After he got out of jail he called his P.O and told her everything. A few days later her partner came over and did his check, and told him okay check in the office on...

Probation violation.ARRESTED [ 10 Answers ]

I was put on probation in Effingham County back in September for a speeding ticket. I had to pay my fees, take the "driving the right way" dui class and defensive driving. I paid off all my probation fees a month or so ago, but haven't taking defensive driving and didn't finish the "drving the...

View more questions Search