Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonirae Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2017, 09:36 AM
    Land contract problem in Michigan
    What happens to a land contract when the deadline to pay off comes and goes whithout paying it off
    Also about the paragraph that states upon default by buyer, seller may declare it void and forfeit and take immediate possession does seller just take it
    Thanks for any help
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 23, 2017, 09:42 AM
    seller may declare it void and forfeit and take immediate possession does seller just take it
    There is a process that must be gone through, like an immediate vacate the premises, or immediate eviction, subject to local laws, but are you seller, or buyer?

What state, city, or county?

Sep 23, 2017, 10:13 AM
    Seller Michigan mason county seriously cant believe how difficult this has become I simply want my property back that I have not received payment in a yr and 2 years of taxes are due 15 yr payment schedule over and no one is going to pay me off and no insurance in don't how long my insurance company wants me in possession of it before they'll cover it

Sep 23, 2017, 10:44 AM
    On another note in regard to same situation anyone have advise on how to get my property back when one of the buyers is deceased and his widow sees no reason to open probate his partner is not deceased and would love to assign it back to me no harm no foul but he cant get out of it on his own
    Can I force the issue somehow as a creditor in the probate area
    Expert

Sep 23, 2017, 02:30 PM
    They were in breach after they missed the first payment, and eviction proceedings should have been started then. Do so now, and consult with an attorney, because it's possible for a lien to be placed on their estate, if applicable, but that's way down the road, and you need to cut a deal to get those taxes caught up, and figure a financing scheme for insurance coverage.

You've dithered long enough, YOUR fault, not theirs! Contact the taxing authority, and get some insurance ASAP, as well as talk to a good real estate attorney because you are in cover your own a$$ mode. Hope you have good enough credit or savings somewhere. No doubt you have breached your own mortgage contract(?) by allowing the taxes to go unpaid and the insurance to lapse.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 23, 2017, 03:53 PM
    You insure it as a rental property,

Was the deed transferred and this is a mortgage ?
    It is a contract for deed and you hold the deed and they just hold the contract ?

What does the contract say about default, does it change to rental ?

But you follow the rules according to the above? If the deed was transferred, you file in court for a default.

If you hold the deed, you file for an eviction as in rental property.

Sep 24, 2017, 10:50 AM
    I hold the deed
    Land contract says seller has right to immediate possession upon default consider void and forfeit all remaining money due
    One of the buyers is deceased how to get it from him
    Can I force the widow to act somehow
    Thanks
    Expert

Sep 24, 2017, 11:02 AM
    You must evict lawfully to reclaim your property, and sue lawfully for any money owed. Lawfully means through the court, and NO you cannot force someone to probate a will you are not a party to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Michigan land contract law [ 1 Answers ]

Michigan Law concerning Land Contracts

Land contract in Michigan [ 2 Answers ]

My cousin who lives in Germany and I owe a home in Michigan. We have renters who would like to purchase it on a land contract. My question is can I have a land contract drawn up between me and the tenets and file it legally or does my cousin also have to sign it?

Land contract in Michigan [ 8 Answers ]

Does a land contract need to be notarized to be recorded in Michigan and what if it isn't notarized or recorded is it still a legal binding document?

Land Contract Gone Real Bad In Michigan [ 2 Answers ]

:( Ok First Thing First My Name Is Jessica I Sold A Home On Land Contract In Michigan Buyers Will Not Pay I Went Through The Whole Eviction Still No Hope. Just A Judgement They Have 90 Days To Pay But They Can Pay The Past Due For The Judgement And Not The Current Then They...

Michigan Land contract - Buyer [ 13 Answers ]

Land contract started June 1992. $1500 down, $24,000 left to pay, 10% interest, $300/month. It has been 16 years so we asked for an itemization of all payments and the seller keeps giving us the run around. It has been months now and they just keep saying call next week, we are busy. They also...

View more questions Search