Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maxsc Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2017, 01:56 AM
    Trying to sell these paintings worldwide
    Hello, hope you're having a good time.
    So I work with a charity club (for cancer kids and disabled kids and people with aids) and some celebrities and artists gave us some original paintings that they have painted themselves and we want to sell them for fundraising for the cause.

Can you please tell me how and where I must put them on sale?
    Also please note that we are stationed in Iran and I THINK it would be a little hard to send them worldwide I'm not sure.

Thanks for your time.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 20, 2017, 09:20 AM
    People sell paintings worldwide on ebay and etsy. There are fine art sites too, but I would start with ebay and etsy.
    If your charity is registered as an official not for profit, the fees are much lower. (I'm not sure about out of the US, however.)

There are 3 problems with this:
    The internet is overloaded with art for sale.
    The viewer can't see the paintings in person, to get a sense of color and depth and all that goes into painting.
    Shipping is indeed expensive, especially when frames, glass, and large size are involved. Insurance is another problem, because it isn't often possible to assign a value.

I wouldn't try, personally, speaking as a long time ebay seller.
    Charity events do better when arranged locally.
    And what you will save on shipping and fees will more than cover the cost of advertising. They will sell better anyway.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 20, 2017, 04:48 PM
    Maybe this site can be of interest and give you some ideas.

Iranians Can Now Buy from Amazon & eBay. Kind of.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is worldwide income tax [ 7 Answers ]

My wife is nonresidence and she live outside the country, and I what to treat her as residence status for tax purpose, she does not work but the IRS publication says for treating her as residence status our income is subjected to worldwide income tax. What is worldwide income tax. Thanks

Obama's worldwide war on poverty [ 70 Answers ]

Have you heard anything about Obama sponsored legislation that would take .7% of our gnp and use it to fight world poverty? The account I read says it could come to vote in the Senate very soon. I guess he is not satisfied with the 300 billion or so that we now send abroad. We can't afford him in...

Worldwide Income [ 1 Answers ]

I have just become a Permanent resident (got a green card) and would like to know 1. Since I got it in Dec. 07 (which is almost end of the year) do I qualify for filing worldwide income 2. I file taxes in India, how do I file worldwide income tax and how does it work ?

Accounting Standards worldwide [ 1 Answers ]

This organization works primarily to achieve worldwide harmony of accounting standards: A. IRS B. SEC C. IASC D. FASB I had chosen (c). Am I correct? Please answer... Thanks!

Worldwide income [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am filing taxes as a resident and have a question About declaring my worldwide income. I have income from India from bank account and bonds interest And dividends from mutual funds. However in India dividends are not Taxable and bank interest below INR 12,000 is not taxable. Also...

View more questions Search