Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    graham8588 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2017, 09:40 PM
    What are the cut off levels in hair for meth due to contamination?
    Hair folicle positive for meth, contamination is my only logic answer. What are contamination levels for meth in hair?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 19, 2017, 10:06 PM
    Positive is a positive. There is no wiggling out of this with excuses.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 20, 2017, 08:43 AM
    The entity that orders the tests sets the cut off levels for detection. Labs take great care not to have contamination, so forget that as a reason for failure. Maybe what you mean is incidental contact, or the most logical reason is for me is a court which has ZERO tolerance for detection levels, has failed you for a small detection(?).

Is this your first test? If within 90 days of your last use then there will be a detection. Courts provide and have you sign an agreement that lay out what they expect from you.

What's logical is they tested for more than meth, and found it, which is often the case with those who are court ordered to be tested.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2017, 11:19 AM
    Incidental contact would be a hell of a reach to make... because if you are subject to these tests you are prohibited from even associating or socializing with drug abusers. Which would be the wise approach to take even if you aren't peer pressure get s LOT of people in trouble and then there is the temptation aspect if you ever used before. Fact is fail is fail....there is no way to prove you didn't take it so it is assumed you did on a positive result because its an addiction that's hard to break. Its not like alcohol that incidental exposure is easy if you aren't taking the measures seriously and watching what products you use (which can result in a fail anyway as well).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Meth and hair test [ 3 Answers ]

I have been clean for 8Months and I relapsed 2x. All my ua's have been clean. Had to do a hair test and I'm not sure if I will have a positive hair test.

Meth and hair test [ 2 Answers ]

I smoked on or about dec 29 and had to do a surprise hair test in jan 18. I am not a daily user rather monthly user (maybe 2times a month ). Is there a chance the test would be negative? (20 bag )

I used meth twice in a day and took a hair follicle. Will I fail? [ 15 Answers ]

I smoked two bowls of meth 2 1/2 weeks ago and had to take a hair follicle. Is it likely that I will fail for that? Please let me know!

Meth in a Hair screen [ 3 Answers ]

How long does meth stay in your hair?? :(

View more questions Search