Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bbclarke97 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2017, 06:33 AM
    Faucet Installation Problem
    Our handyman tried to install a new faucet in our kitchen sink, but the supply lines to the new faucet are leaking from the back. The shut-off valve is 3/8" but the supply lines are 5/8". He tried to use a reducer but that didn't help. Do you think that replacing the shut-off valve will fix the problem?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Sep 15, 2017, 04:12 AM
    Hi bbclarke97

Hard to say... could be an issue with the supply tubes and therefore changing the shut-off valve would fix nothing, right? If you want to continue to try to fix this on your own, I'd suggest stopping by a dedicated plumbing supply store and ask them to give you the proper transition fittings. If you or the handyman can't figure it out after that then your best bet is to hire a plumber... he/she will know exactly what to do and should resolve issue quickly.

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Faucet installation [ 1 Answers ]

The faucet 883432 is not tightening down. Finger tight but then when tightened further it loosens.

Need help with installation of new faucet which is leaking [ 4 Answers ]

Just installed a new delta r1000 faucet. All was working well until I tried to tun the cartridge around so the hot water side was on the left. Now no matter which way I install the cartridge the hot water will not stop running completely when the faucet is turned off. Washers lol good and seem to...

Kitchen faucet installation [ 4 Answers ]

I have a under mount sink in granite counter top. The 1/8 inch thick edge of the sink (at top where it sticks with the counter top) does not let faucet mounting bracket to rest flat with the counter top. I am unable to tight the nut and the faucet is little loose. Any body have any idea what need...

Faucet cartridge installation [ 1 Answers ]

Sir: Recently I installed a Moen cartridge in a bathroom sink faucet, after which the cartridge worked well. A few days later, when turning the handle right as you look at it in order to get cold water, a loud noise would emit almost like their was air in the pipe. The water pressure would weaken. ...

Wall faucet installation [ 2 Answers ]

I am wanting to install wall mounted sink faucets. I have a couple of questions. 1 - do I still run a shutoff valve under the sink and then feed the pipe back into the wall and up to where the valve is? 2 - prices range widely from 500+ for a Kohler to < 100 on eBay. They both look nice but...

View more questions Search