Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maionaze Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2017, 05:58 PM
    Manhole
    Is it safe to have a manhole directly under my mobile home?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2017, 10:52 PM
    Manhole was there before the mobile home... How can they access the manhole if the mobile home was placed over it... I do not believe mobile home legally can be put there.

There are easements for buried utilities including sewers, and structures should NOT be placed on top of them. In the USA anyway.

What if the buried utility had to be excavated for repair or replacement?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2017, 03:09 PM
    Are you sure it is a manhole? Most of them are in the street. Show us a picture. How big is this "manhole".
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2017, 03:12 PM
    I have several actual Manholes in my back yard... so its possible.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2017, 05:22 PM
    All of the ones I have seen in yards are for sewer access. In many GA locations, they are in flood plains, elevated above 50 or 100 yr. floods, some of them 4' above ground.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Backdrop for manhole? [ 0 Answers ]

What is the minimum dept for do backdrop

What can I do if I am injured after stepping into an open manhole? [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter stepped into an open manhole while walking down a city street after dark. She sustained non-life-threatening injuries and also broke her cell phone, which she was not using at the time. We asked the city to pay for a new cell phone and they refused, claiming that they were not...

Manhole cover design [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am working on my final year engineering project and project aims of using polypropylene fiber in concrete. I am aiming at replacing/minimizing the steel reinforcement in manhole covers with polypropylene fibers without affecting the engineering properties. Please suggest the design...

Sewer manhole [ 5 Answers ]

OK - I'll try to explain my situation... I own a home in MA with town water and town sewer. I recently put the house up for sale and I had a buyer who had a home inspection done. During this process it was discovered that I have a "manhole" in my backyard. Under the cover of the manhole is a...

Septic holding tank manhole adjustment [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I had my house built last year and the septic system is a sand mound system with 3 holding tanks between my house and the sand mound. The holding tanks are concrete and each have an access (manhole) that sticks about 1' out of the ground. I have read on other sites about access being...

View more questions Search