crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Apr 16, 2007, 09:03 PM
    How do you get pregnant with twins
    Does anyone know any remidies to concieving twins,
    Thanks
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2007, 09:17 PM
    I'm not sure if you are looking for a remedy to not have twins or a way that will make it more likely to conceive twins.

If it is to conceive twins, there are many thoughts on the subject, fertility drugs, diet, etc. You might find something helpful on the following sites.

How to Have Twins - Increase Your Chances of Having Twins

Conceiving Twins Without Fertility Drugs - Trying to Conceive Articles

Fertility drug: Clomiphene

Pregnancy Help: Increasing Your Chances of Twins

Insemination

Apr 17, 2007, 07:11 AM
    Thanks a friend of mine wants to try to have twins
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2007, 07:15 AM
    I'm afraid that short of mother nature, or fertility drugs/procedures, there isn't much you can do to ensure that you will have twins. Herbal remedies, etc that tell you they can increase your chances of getting pregnant, are most likely just ways of increasing your chances of money loss. ;0) You can always talk to your doctor about fertility drugs/procedures in efforts of conceiving twins, but you should keep in mind, that in such situations, you can end up with still just one baby, or in other cases, MORE then two. So just be careful what you wish for. ;0)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 17, 2007, 07:20 AM
    I have to agree with Buggage here. There is no sure fire way to get pregnant with twins other than good old mother nature and an extra helping of genetics.

Fertility drugs may help, but as Buggage said, you still run the risk of a singleton, triplets, or even quads.

So, she should just keep her fingers crossed and hope she has mother nature and genetics on her side.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2007, 07:24 AM
    Is she:

* of African descent (especially Yoruba, or Hausa)
    * between the age of 30 and 40 years
    * greater than average height and weight
    * has had several previous pregnancies.
    * has a family history of dizygotic twinning, especially a parent who is a twin.

?

These groups have a slightly higher chance of having dizygotic twins!

Apr 17, 2007, 07:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    Is she:

* of African descent (especially Yoruba, or Hausa)
    * between the age of 30 and 40 years
    * greater than average height and weight
    * has had several previous pregnancies.
    * has a family history of dizygotic twinning, especially a parent who is a twin.

?

These groups have a slightly higher chance of having dizygotic twins!
    No she's white, 28 years old, short and petite, no previous pregnancies, and no family history
    I guess I will tell her to keep her fingers crossed
    Thanks
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2007, 07:58 AM
    Yes of course there's always a chance! Wish her the best of luck!
    TheQuads Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2010, 08:00 AM
    Just keep your fingers crossed & pray!

I'm 13, and I'm an identical Quad myself, and my mother conceived natrually so it shows that if Quads can be conceived without drugs. However as several other people said there is NO certain way of concieving twins, triplets, etc without Drugs. Only IVF Treatment/Drugs can ensure for sure that Multiple pregnancy with come out of it.

I wish u the greatest luck xx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Minnesota Twins [ 2 Answers ]

Why do the Twins have the letter 'C' on their baseball caps?

Twins? Or am I crazy? [ 39 Answers ]

I am 22 and married and I found out that I was pregnant with an at home pregnancy test 1 week before my period was due. I went that night to the ER and got a blood test to make sure. The next day I got a call that I was only 3-4 days along and my hormone level was 20. They wanted me to go back in 5...

Dreams about twins [ 1 Answers ]

Last night, i had a dream about twin baby girls. I was laying in a dark room upstairs in my place of work (hospital). I went into labor and delivered my own twin baby girls. I took a picture and ran down to the clinic to show my co-workers my daughters. I was so happy and excited, I did not pay...

Those pregnant with twins... [ 6 Answers ]

I have a few questions... When did you find out that you were having twins? Have any of you had an u/s and 1 baby was detected, and had another one later on and saw 2? Just curious?:D Feli 16+ weeks pregnant with #4

Having twins? [ 3 Answers ]

I am measureing 20 weeks and I'm just 18, twins run in my family and I've gain a lot of weight. This is my third baby and not like the first two. What kind of signs would you have if you were expecting twins?

View more questions Search