Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    efogarty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2017, 08:42 AM
    Seller did not meet closing date but cashed $10000 deposit,what are my options
    Real estate law Ontario Canada
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2017, 10:31 AM
    I will assume this was a FSBO. Otherwise, the agent would have escrowed the check. What happened? Are you sure the seller owned the house? Was the closing date moved? No closing date? If not, go to the police and swear out aa arrest warrant for fraud.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 27, 2017, 03:59 AM
    Was the sale handled by a real estate agent ? If it was a private sale, which I think it may have been, you are up the creek without a paddle on this one. No lawyer ?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 27, 2017, 12:14 PM
    Was there an escrow account set up for this transaction? What exactly wasnt met that you are claiming was suppose to happen?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Seller stalling closing [ 2 Answers ]

Earlier this year on 21 March 2012, I signed an offer to purchase a house with an estate agent and on the day I signed the offer they told me that it's a deceased estate property. But they never told me what is deceased estate property and what the procedure will be. On 5 April 2012 I got a...

Buyer wants deposit back, what are seller's options [ 15 Answers ]

House for sale, have real estate agent. Buyer has same agent as us, the seller. Buyer put $500 deposit on house and had inspection done. Inspection showed nothing that "HAD" to be changed for sell to go through but buyer asked for us to do a few things. We agreed to do 2 of them. We have already...

Seller does not want to pay closing [ 2 Answers ]

I just closed on my new home and the seller had agreed to pay closing cost and signed the contract to do so. After closing he realized that he was $6,00.00 short and he did not understand why. It is not my fault that he did not read or understand what he was signing and it was very clear to me...

Deposit check never cashed [ 18 Answers ]

My wife and I came very close to renting an apartment, but did not sign the lease after experiencing some hostility and evasiveness from the (first time) landlords. When we handed in our application, one of the landlords asked for a deposit (though no stipulations were made), and she let my wife...

View more questions Search