Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vincemart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 08:04 PM
    Father seeking child custody of an unborn child
    How can I get partial custody to my unborn child? The mother refusing to name me as the father. I know I can file after the baby is born, but I want to be there for the birth of my child.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 16, 2007, 08:07 PM
    Sorry but really nothing you can do, you will have to wait till after the child is born and file for a DNA test to prove you are the father and then to requiest partial custody
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2007, 09:21 PM
    And technically, even if you were married to her, she has control of who is in the delivery room, because the doctors have to honor the patient's requests, and that's her, not you.
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

Apr 17, 2007, 09:29 PM
    Things aren't always fair but the others are right. I do applaud you though for wanting to be there even though you're being pushed away. I do not know the circumstances but I'm glad you are willing to take responsibility!
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

May 9, 2007, 07:54 AM
    I know it is hard for you to imagine not being present for the birth of you child, however as single pregnant woman I have to sympathize with the mother. Child birth is painful and emotionally draining on a woman and she needs to be in the most peaceful a situation as possible. It is however heart wrenching that the mother feels the only way to achieve this is for her to deny your paternity. I would see no harm in you bonding with you baby after the birth.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 11:28 AM
    I agree with everyone that posted above... sadly you can't do anything until the baby is born. :( But I would be calling the courthouse where you live and make sure you have ready all the papers you need to, and that you know all the steps you need to take once the child is born... that way you can get to work right away and not waste anytime!

Good luck!
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Oct 10, 2008, 11:47 PM

Get an attorny now adays you can find paternity when she 6 mo pregnet if proven you are , you can petion the judge to have your name added to the birth certifcate. I don't know about full custody usually its partial unless you can prove she is unfit and you beter have some go stuff to prove it..

Good luck
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2008, 11:29 AM

Even though your right many doctors discourage amniocentesis test during a women pregnancy for the sole purpose of establishing paternity because of the risks to the unborn child They preferred the mother to wait until the child is born because it's safer. The main purpose of this test is to check for abnormalities and inherited genetic diseases. However it's up to the mother to consent to this test.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2008, 11:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mishelly3 View Post
    Get an attorny now adays you can find paternity when she 6 mo pregnet if proven you are , you can petion the judge to have ur name added to the birth certifcate. i dont know about full custody usually its partial unless you can prove she is unfit and you beter have some go stuff to prove it..

good luck

You have answered an August 2007 post - the OP hasn't been back.

This thread should be closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody Rights to Unborn Child [ 9 Answers ]

Do I automatically have custody rights to my unborn child since I am not married and paternity has not been established? Does the alleged father have legal rights to force prenatal paternity testing? Does agreeing to paternity testing automatically give him custody rights if it is determined that...

Full custody of unborn child? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm just wondering if one can request full custody of an UNBORN child because the father-to-be chooses not to be involved in the kids life. Can the mother-to-be go file for full custody based on that? And can he then be forced to sign if he refuses or changes his mind?

Child custody for an unborn [ 1 Answers ]

This is me first time on this forum, and my question is if I may obtain custody of my child when it is born, the mother does have a record of attempt suicide and she has done drugs to my knowledge until a few months of her finding out she was pregnant, she is easily annoyed my kids and she admits...

Custody of Unborn child [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend of 4 years are calling it quits. We have a 2 year old daughter whom he has custody of and another baby on the way. He doesn't want to split up the children, which I completely agree with, but I was stupid enough to give him custody of our daughter and I don't want to give him...

Child custody of an unborn child [ 2 Answers ]

My question is concerning my sister, she moved to this state I live in now, only a year ago,to live with me, she got pregnant by some guy she was seeing, when he started beating her up she left him,(she was only 2 months pregnant at this time) now she's 7 months pregnant and we are moving back...

View more questions Search