Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 06:50 AM
    After reading all of the replies you've received you appear to have no intention to change anything. To me that doesn't show any kind of "maturity" on your part. Why on earth did you ask for help with this? Why are you wasting everyone's time?

I feel sorry for you, you are going to be hurt and hurt bad! Do you get any kind of positive attention from anyone else other than this man? (parents, grandparents, friends?)
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jul 25, 2007, 08:41 AM
    When I was your age, I was duped by a 30-something man too. He flirted and told me all the things an 18-yr-old wanted to hear. He eventually got me to write him "love notes" which I found out he was using them to make his wife jealous. I knew he was married but just went along because it was kind of fun to flirt and blow off work. Stupid me, I actually though I controlled the situation since I made him want me, pursue me, focus on me, etc. Yea right... he was the one in control. And believe me... your coworkers know about it. That kind of thing never goes unnoticed.

I didn't realize that he was showing them to his wife until the company Christmas party.. he said he would be coming alone to. He showed up with her and she was looking for "the b- who writes the love notes"

Ha ha the joke's on him!. as soon as I realized I was being taken advantage of (LIKE YOU ARE) I quit... and 7 years later married another man I met there. :)
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jul 25, 2007, 08:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn2
    He is not at all a creep... at all! Seriously, I guess its hard to explain the situation with out it seeming bad, but really its not, and its not like we dont get anything done at work, he just helps me so then we have extra time to talk, maybe he is just a nice guy and im getting caught up? but its just the things he does and jokes around about that makes me think otherwise.. Im deffinately not going to let it go anyfarther but I also dont want to stop flirting and talking to him... ill come back on on wednesday around same time, because im going into work for while to see him, and ill tell you what happens, and the things he says and does, and you tell me what you think.. I just really wish you would understand he is not sick or creepy, its like im a little mature for my age, and he is a little immature for his age so its perfect combination
    Believe me, you'll have no trouble finding an immature older man that isn't married. Please go find another one, you are being used by him to satisfy some *creepy* need. :eek:
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 08:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LearningAsIGo
    When I was your age, I was duped my a 30-something man too. He flirted and told me all the things an 18-yr-old wanted to hear. He eventually got me to write him "love notes" which I found out he was using them to make his wife jealous. I knew he was married but just went along because it was kind of fun to flirt and blow off work.

I didn't realize that he was showing them to his wife until the company Christmas party.. he said he would be coming alone to. He showed up with her and she was looking for "the "

Ha ha... as soon as I realized I was being taken advantage of (LIKE YOU ARE) I quit... and 7 years later married another man I met there. :)
    Thank you for sharing your story, I think that 's very helpful to other people.
    ALways be aware of an older married smooth talker!:)
    Lynn2 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 10:53 PM
    Thank you all for posting, I'm really trying hard to just get over it, and push him away, and realizing the facts, I'm really not trying to waste anyone's time, because its very helpful listening to peoples advice and relations to my topic... And I guess maybe I don't get enough attention, my boyfriend of almost 4 years is always playing games... I mean always 24/7 and it really irritates me and we always fight about it but I love him, but also he leaves me wanting more and I think that's why I'm more attracted to the older guys becaue I'm not getting nearly enough attention as I should be, and my manager is giving it to me and I like the attention and miss having it when me and the boyfriend first started dating wayyy back
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 07:16 AM
    Then you need to dump the boyfriend and get another one. One that is available. You don't have to take the left overs. And you don't have to be mistreated!
    Everyone deserves that special someone. Your boyfriend isn't giving you what you need and the manager doesn't have what you need.
    Good Luck.
    Lynn2 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 10:22 AM
    Ok... It's been awhile since I have been on here. I am not going to have an affair with this guy, I don't think at all that those are his intentions. Just some harmless flirting. The only things that we have done more are hugging, holding hands, and were just getting to be more open with each other, but it's fun and I don't want anything out of this, so he is not going to get anything out of it. He's a great manager, the only good one we have at our store. We together get more done then anyone else, and still have time for flirting to make the day go by.. Don't get me wrong, I love the attention, but I have morals, and I need to think about myself in the long run, and not let anything more happen :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What a real manager should be? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi! Can you name the most essential qualities a real manager should have? Or everything depends upon the situation and people he works with?

The Manager [ 2 Answers ]

My manager was recently let go from his job, for allegedly grabbing another employee by her waist and then touching her. He didn't do it, and she has no proof that he did, so when he wins in court, will the owner of the business and his employees have to give him his job back? By Tennessee law,...

Password Manager [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone recommend a user friendly password manager? A lot of the time I get my parents ringing me up with PC problems. 9 out of 10 times it's because they have forgotten their password. So due to this I would like to install something on their PC to store their passwords. So does anyone...

Device manager [ 4 Answers ]

I know now a little about IRQs and DMAs but I'm having problems about what IOs do. Thank you

View more questions Search