Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elmerjay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2017, 08:56 AM
    H/W circulating pump noise problem.
    Installed a h/w circulating pump at the sink furthest from h/w heater. Pump runs when temperature drops to keep water hot. If pump happens to be running when toilet in same bathroom is flushed, there is a loud continuous banging noise. It's not a single bang as in "water hammer", but a continuous bang as in a pneumatic hammer until the toilet tank fills. However, if you open the sink hot water faucet, the banging stops.

Anyone have a solution? Pump made by Gould Technologies.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 12, 2017, 12:16 PM
    Do this:

1. Close and Open incoming water valve for the toilet. See if the noise continues

2. Also, when the noise is happening, go to the toilet, lift the lid and put your hand on the fill valve. Feel if it vibrates

3. Unplug the pump. Flush toilet. See if the noise continues

Let me know what happened

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a water stove hooked into my heat pump. The circulating pump is not coming on. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a water stove that is hooked to my heat pump. I am not getting power to my circulating pump nor to my fan. Could this be a relay switch gone bad?

Circulating pump placement [ 4 Answers ]

On a radiant heat system, is it better to put circulating pump before supply manifiold or after return manifold?

Circulating pump what else could it be [ 1 Answers ]

The heat on the second floor of my home is blowing cold... its a 2 zone weil mclain hydro system... the st floor is hot... the second is cold what I have observed so far 1. the boiler control unit has a light blinking... limit 2. if I touch the pipe just below the circulating pump its very...

Should my circulating pump always be running? [ 1 Answers ]

My circulating pump is always running. I have a 3 zone setup and an adjustment dial ranging from 180 to 240 degrees for the circulating pump. It's set to 220. Is that correct and what does it do?

How to tell if circulating pump is working [ 2 Answers ]

I have and older Furnace with Hot water Cast Iron radiators (2 floor, 1300 sq ft house). Had to turn on furnace for first time over weekend and it took about 50 min to get the temp from 63 up to 66. The radiators heat unevenly and I was listening for the circulating pump to go on so I could bleed...

View more questions Search