Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kat555lady Posts: 88, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 07:30 PM
    Closing programs
    I'm using a compaq computer, running windows xpsp2 and using IE. Do I have to disable windows fire wall before installing zonealarm fire wall?
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Apr 16, 2007, 08:30 PM
    DISCONNECT FROM THE INTERNET. If you use Cable or DSL Modem, PLEASE DISCONNECT IT. ALSO, ANY OTHER PROGRAMS, THIS INCLUDES THE WINDOWS FIREWALL, EXCEPT YOUR BASIC PROGRAMS TO RUN WINDOWS. To find out what APPLICATIONS ARE RUNNING, PLEASE GO TO YOUR TASK MANAGER. Control + Alt+ Delete. It should bring you to your Task Mgr. Look for Applications, make sure there are NO APPLICATIONS RUNNING. If they are, use the END TASK BUTTON.

You should check the installation instruction of Zone Alarm.
    SESaskDFC Posts: 214, Reputation: 17

Apr 17, 2007, 10:12 AM
    Howdy:

No.. Zone Alarm will de-activate it during the install procedure.

Murray

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Must Have/Useful Programs [ 66 Answers ]

I thought it would be a good idea to get a list of useful programs that we could keep here. If a mod comes across this - could you sticky it please. It would be quite helpful. I'm bound to have missed some programs, so if there is some that you think should be on this list - post here or PM me...

Unknown Programs [ 6 Answers ]

I have a program on my computer called ScheduledAgent and I am not sure what it is. I have looked on the internet via Google and there is mixed results. I am slightly concerned as several results suggest it must be removed immediately. Am I right to be concerned? Also is there any other way of...

Programs [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a free download that will help me find all the programs on my computer and remove the old, duplicate, or unused ones safely

Automatically Closing Programs [ 3 Answers ]

I Have A HP Pavilion p4.., The Problem with it is that it is Clossing the programs automatically..,. it goes blank.., and shows error sometime.., like.. CAAp.., idw.exe.., something like that,, It usually get worse most of the time.., Then I have to restart it.., but it will come later on,. Can Any...

Hidden programs in xp [ 1 Answers ]

Hi pals Can any one tell me all the hidden programs in xp and how ro use these programs plzzzzz

View more questions Search