Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DIYLady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 07:02 PM
    Murray Riding Mower
    My 1988 Murray mower worked fine last week... but I jumped on it this week and couldn't get it to turn over. Replaced the battery, but that didn't seem to help. Tonight I replaced the solenoid tonight, but that didn't seem to help. I'm getting nothing when I try to turn it over. Any advice?

This Murray has had a lot of TLC over the years, and I hate to give up on it.

Thanks in advance!
    Tarponman Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Nov 12, 2009, 02:42 PM

Have you examined any/all safety cut off switches, you can find out where they are located either by manual, internet or through a Murray dealership.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Nov 12, 2009, 07:45 PM

Hi,
    Or perhaps just the fuse?
    Peace,
    Clarke
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

Nov 13, 2009, 07:48 PM

It might be a dumb question. But, is the blade/deck lever all the way in the off position?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

OLD Murray Riding Mower Issue [ 10 Answers ]

We bought a used Murray riding mower a few months ago for $150. It was a great price & has worked quite well with minimal issues until now. So far it had only need a belt, a new spark plug & some paint. Now, one of the deck belts shredded & got flung off the deck and THIS is where my problem...

Old Murray riding mower [ 8 Answers ]

I bought an old Murray riding mower last year. I'm not sure what year it is, but here is my problem: One of the rear tires has a flat, instead of loading up the whole mower in the back of the truck, I wouldm like to remove the wheel. I removed the holding pin and the washer from the outside of the...

Murray 14hp riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I've been trying to get my riding mower to work. It has a briggs and straton 14hp engine. It sat for the winter, and obviously battery was dead. I replaced it with a new one and it ran great. I let it sit about 3 hours and the battery didn't have enough juice to start it. The lights were not...

Murray Riding Mower [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a used Murray riding mower with a 40" deck. I want to add a mulching kit but can't seem to find one. Does anyone know if there are any interchangeable parts that will fit this mower?

Murray Riding Mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a murray riding mower that I purchased in August of 1991. Apparently I need a new transaxle because it will not go in gear at all. The part # in the book is Dana model 4450-1 which I have been unable to locate, the only reference I have come across for the part says that it has been...

View more questions Search