Ask
    dawsonraye Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 06:55 PM
    Double taxation
    How does double taxation of corporate occure
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 23, 2007, 01:25 PM
    The C corporation pays income taxes on the corporate income.

The C corporation then pay a dividende to their shareholders, who then pays a tax on the dividend.

Hence, double taxation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Double Taxation? [ 1 Answers ]

My sister was fired from her job and needed money to pay bills. She took a disbursement of her retirement. Upon disbursement they took out almost 20% in taxes before she received anything. Now when we are doing her taxes the tax software is trying to take another 10 to 15% in tax penalties. Isn't...

Double Taxation between USA and India [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a resident in India and I was a resident alien in USA previously for 6 years and have filed US taxes. Now I am in India, but earning Capital gains and interest income in USA. I am paying taxes in India for my golbal income. Do I have to pay taxes in US for the capital gain and...

Double Taxation [ 1 Answers ]

How does double taxation of corporate income occur.

Double taxation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a US citizen of Indian origin. I am working in the US and hold non-qualified stock options (of my company which is co-headquared out of the US and India). If I now go and settle (long term) in India, and exercise my options, will I be liable to paying any taxes in the US? (I...

Double Combo vs Double Tee [ 24 Answers ]

Hi All, The drains of my two storey home drain to one point at my basement ceiling, and then vertically to the basement floor via a 3" DWV pipe to a 4" sanitary tee that horizontally provides 1) a clean-out and 2) drain to the septic out the foundation wall. The center-line of the 4" sanitary is...

View more questions Search